It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, January 09, 2017

Chapter 1, Page 9, Book 17



♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 

I fear thee not, O untried morrow! 

Julia B. Cady

January 9th - no fear


To know how to grow old is the master work of wisdom, and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living. 

Henri Amiel

Plans change and we change with them. When this house was purchased I had planed to live here the rest of my life.  It is paid for so I have no house payment to pay.  But now I’m planning to rent a place that will require a monthly payment be made.  

For me, it seems the easiest way to go.  I’m getting older and maintenance and up keep of a home can be expensive and a lot of work.  So far I’ve been able to do that, but I’m trying to plan for the future.  This house has 3 floors and I travel 2 sets of stairs many times daily.  Well the attic is a fourth floor, but I don’t need to go there on a daily basis. I would like a home that is on one floor.

I haven’t been out looking much at all for a new place yet but have found a few that will do and I was assured that they always have units available.  


Never lose sight of the fact that old age needs so little but needs that little so much. 

Margaret Willour

The slow and easy life had become part of my nature until it became necessary to sell this place.  I still move slowly but there hasn’t been an easy day for quite a while now.  

I try to remember that:  Nothing lasts forever and this too shall pass !

Just about the time we think things are working out just fine, things change it seems.  That is life…ever changing.


Beginnings are sudden, but also insidious. They creep up on you sideways, they keep to the shadows, they lurk unrecognized. Then, later, they spring.

Margaret Atwood

6 comments:

peggy said...

I so hope you will find an ideal place (on a level playing field). I only have basement stairs but I avoid them as much as possible. Most of us don't want to make preparations for having to make concessions but I have been doing so in my yard and garden for quite a while now. I have several friends who have beautiful apartments and love them. I know you will find the perfect place to live.

jack69 said...

Now I know why I appreciate BLOGS of my peers so much, besides the side effect of learning, they kick in so many wonderful memories. My mind went back 20+ years when our grand twins were kids, they were talented and sang the song, "Pick yourself up" THANKS!
Oh enjoyed the read of course as I thought!

betty said...

I think you are wise, Ma, to go into a place with a single level. I can't tell you how many reports I've typed of people who have broken hips or other illnesses and end up not being able to go back to their home because their bedrooms/bathrooms are on a second level. That's why we decided to go with a single level a few years back when we were renting and have just continued to trend to now except for the one small step we have between some of the rooms. It is good too to be in a place where you don't have to worry about if something goes wrong, you can just call management or maintenance and it is taken care of for you.

betty

Mevely317 said...

When Tom and I were looking to buy in '03 I fell in love with a multi-story home. He (wisely!) pointed out, our then-aging dogs might have issues with the stairs. Who'd have guessed, we humans are now in a similar state!

Unless Publishers Clearing House comes calling (ha!), there's no way I want to buy anything again. I totally believe RENTING is the way to go ... no muss, no fuss; and, like I used to say in my 20's, "If the oven becomes too dirty, just pick yourself up and find another spot!"

Seriously, I'm wishing you the best of luck finding a homey new home!

TARYTERRE said...

Having a rent free house to a small payment would frighten me, but that is me. I'm sure you will adapt fine. I think this quote sums it up, "Never lose sight of the fact that old age needs so little but needs that little so much."

Rick Watson said...

Upkeep can be expensive. A good landlord who does maintenance can be a lifesaver. We've tried to do things on our little place so hopefully upkeep won't cost as much. We did a metal roof guaranteed for 40 years. We did siding made from concrete boards. It looks great and again is guaranteed for years. But there are always other things like plumbing, appliances, and wiring that can go south.
Good luck on your relocation.