It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, January 08, 2017

Chapter 1, Page 8, Book 17



♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 


Every beginning is a consequence — every beginning ends some thing. 

Paul Valery

January 8th - cold and colds


The year like a cloud, drifts off out of sight
And the new year breaks forth, with joy and delight

Thankfully we had a mild fall and winter hasn’t been terribly bad so far.  That is a blessing in itself.  I did catch an ugly cold though, and am very thankful for the help my family has provided in getting things done.  I am on the mend and feeling stronger each day.

The things left to sort through are now manageable and in control.  Due to the abundance of storage areas in my home, it was a terrible mess of clutter when this all began.  I moved into this home from a much larger one and it was over loaded from the start.  


Over the years as my children grew up and left home, a part of them remained too.  So it was not just all my stuff, but theirs too.  At this point their things have been retrieved or discarded.  What is left here is mine.  It is still too much for one person.  More donations must be made.

I’m definitely minimizing my life.  I’m going to be learning to live simpler and wiser too I hope.


And now let us believe in a long year that is given to us, new, untouched, full of things that have never been…

Rainer Maria Rilke

6 comments:

jack69 said...

Glad you are on the mend up there. I smiled when I read:
Over the years as my children grew up and left home, a part of them remained too. So it was not just all my stuff, but theirs too..........

Yes we only had two sons, but of course a little of them remained also. So I can imagine with your brood there would be some over load.

When I see Garages and basements 'PACKED' I smile. Someday, somehow....someone will have to sort out that collection of STUFF!
Glad you are down to the manageable point... Hang in there!

Weekend-Windup said...

I love to enjoy each and every moment of the life!

peggy said...

Me too!!!! I can honestly say there is a lot of stuff here that doesn't belong to me. I have been waiting for a nice burglar to come and steal all this good stuff, but no takers. I even leave the garage door open and hope, but that isn't working either. I am happy for you!!! Happy Sunday below zero wind chill.

Mevely317 said...

My goodness, but your first quote (Every beginning is a consequence — every beginning ends some thing) has given me pause.

I can certainly identify with, "The only thing harder than letting go is moving on."
New beginnings are apt to be frightening, particularly at 66 y/o!

betty said...

That does seem to be the case, doesn't it when the kids leave the house, they leave some of their stuff behind? I know son had a few things he left behind but now that we live closer, we've given him his stuff. It is freeing to minimize and to realize you don't need a whole lot of stuff. It does sound like great beginnings for you, Ma!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

"The only thing harder than letting go, is MOVING on." Wisdom, a lot of wisdom in those words.