It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, January 07, 2017

Chapter 1, Page 7, Book 17



♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 


For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.

T. S. Eliot 

January 7- my story


The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning. 

Ivy Baker Priest

The drift of this blog is going to be about change and new beginnings for 2017. 

I am hoping to be able to move into a smaller home sometime soon and presently have my house up for sale.  Time will only tell how long it will take.

 Downsizing takes a long time because you have a lifetime worth of treasures to sift through. I’ve been at this since October and am finally beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Paperwork is also a big burden when downsizing your home, but it is something many people overlook. The exact set of documents you’ll need will vary based on your situation.   I tend to live in the research department and am always wondering now where on earth did I put that.  It’s important to keep a safe place for important documents and file them away before they get lost.


After living here for many years, it will definitely be a new beginning when I move.  Everything that has become so familiar will change.  I could truly walk around my house blind folded and know where every thing is and that will change.

Although I do have other options, I’ve decided to stay here in this area when I move. I’ll change neighborhoods, but still live in the general area.  I don’t like northern Ohio winters, but the other 3 seasons are fine and everything is familiar to me. 

We do have snow on the ground right now, but not this much.  The pictures were taken a few years ago.


So that is my story and the reason why I choose BEGINNINGS  as my theme for the year.  It’s going to be an adventure and I’m excited.


The future is always beginning now. 

Mark Strand

4 comments:

jack69 said...

YES, down sizing is tough, even when you have moved a lot. Until one has 'downsized' they do not know the major undertaking.
Lots of good advice here and REMINDERS file the important papers where they can be found.
Glad you are seeing the light!!!

betty said...

Glad you are excited about your new beginnings, Ma! Its good too that you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with your downsizing efforts. Papers do seem to accumulate don't they? I remember saving every copy of a bill that we had paid only to realize that was probably not necessary once the new bill came in and showed we didn't have an overdue bill from the month before. Now with so much done electronically, that has certainly changed how much actual paper is generated these days. Hubby's parents had kept every single one of their tax returns from when they got married. Over 60 years of them. That was a lot of shredding we did! (I keep about 10 years' worth).

betty

Rick Watson said...

Wow! That's a big change. Jilda and I buoyant small home back in the early 80. As my career moved into high gear, we could have afforded a larger home, but after long conversations, we decided to stay
Put. At this point in our lives, I'm thrilled that we did. We live on a single level and our expenses and upkeep are manageable.
Good luck in your move.
BTW, we are coming to Cleveland in June. Do you live near there?

TARYTERRE said...

I am so envious of your downsizing. I want the change my husband doesn't. So I applaud your attitude. "BEGINNINGS" is the perfect theme for your 2017. It will be an adventure for sure. We'll be happy to come along with you on the journey.