It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Chapter 1, Page 31, Book 17


♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 



GROW through what you GO through


January 31st - end of one month beginning another

Spring, summer, and fall fill us with hope; winter alone reminds us of the human condition.

 Mignon McLaughlin  

January brought all kinds of new beginnings here at my house.  I learned to begin again without some of the people in my life that meant so much to me.  A dear sister, an aunt and a friend passed away and learning to live without them meant a new beginning.


January weather began with  unusually warm days for us.  No snow for the kids to play in and muddy yards for the dogs to run in left some more than a little unsettled. Not me, I enjoyed the milder weather and no snow to shovel.  Not to worry though we now have plenty of snow and the ground is frozen again.

Keep your faith in beautiful things;
in the sun when it is hidden,
in the Spring when it is gone.

Roy R. Gibson  


January also brought a chance for me to realize just how much I need to rely on God.  To give him all glory and honor, to believe that He is really in control of things.  Not me. Thats for sure. And I’m thankful I’m not the one who’s got control of the universe.   My oldest son has been in the hospital since last Thursday and due to being there over the weekend, test results have been slow in coming back.  The unknown is very scary.  His situation is a tricky one and we are praying for a good treatment to be found to fix what’s wrong and hoping for a cure.


Every mile is two in winter.

George Herbert

My house has been up for sale since the middle of December but so far no interest has been shown at all. The sorting out and packing up for a move has reached the point of fine tuning.

Finding a place to move to has been fruitful and I’m assured there will be a place for me when I choose to move.  I really have to wait until the house is sold to do that. 

There is not a doubt in my mind but what February will be full of more new beginnings and I’ll be sharing them and more random thoughts as they happen.  


Sometimes in our lives it is just winter. Sometimes the gray gloom of this world piles on the problems and troubles. Sometimes life feels both cold and bitter. Sometimes it is very hard to see the light.  It is times like these when that we most need to shine our own light, share our own love, and let ourselves fly. It isn’t always easy and often takes effort, but with Heaven’s help it can be done.

 Joseph Mazzella


I’m hoping you all have a blessed and happy last day of January ! From now on…I’m moving forward, one day at a time.

‘ma'

5 comments:

betty said...

I'm with you, Ma, I too am moving forward one day at a time. You sure had a very stressful December/January. I do hope things settle down a bit and maybe with spring, there will be some interest in your house with people wanting to buy it. Will continue to pray for your son.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Sometimes you follow, sometimes you lead. Life is indeed a dance we all do.

jack69 said...

You had ne lady, from the first line that read Grow thru what you go thru, IO enjoyed the read. Good visit.
As I always told my son (and still do) every house will sell, it is waiting for just the right owner!
I know you will hang in there, you have the stuff to do it.

Mevely317 said...

What a burdensome month you've experienced! Our heads 'know' who's really in control, but it's difficult not to want to help, isn't it? Let's lean on one another through the storm.

Rick Watson said...

I believe your house will sell and free you up to move one with your life.
R