It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, January 30, 2017

Chapter 1, Page 30, Book 17

♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 



You Will Never Be Sorry...

...for thinking before acting.
...for hearing before judging.

...for forgiving your enemies.
...for being candid and frank.

...for helping a fallen brother.
..for being honest in business.

...for thinking before speaking.
...for being loyal to your church.

...for standing by your principles.
...for closing your ears to gossip.

...for bridling a slanderous tongue.
...for harboring pure thoughts.

...for sympathizing with the afflicted.
...for being courteous and kind to all.


Author Unknown


January 30th - be there, be you, be present

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

John Wooden


Our presence in the lives of others can make a difference.  If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time you probably know that I have a large family scattered near and far.  It’s hard for me to be  physically there for them most of the time.  But I take heart because I know that whether or not our loved ones are close by or far aways, they remain close as we keep them in our hearts.


Presence is more than just being there. 

Malcolm Forbes

No matter what, I’m there for them and I know that even though they are far away, they are there for me. But it’s nice to show people you care so they don’t think we have forgotten or are taking for granted so that they know and that’s all that matters.  I’ve also discovered that when you offer positive words to someone else, when you give someone a needed emotional boost, you yourself are uplifted.

Just being present, sharing a kind word, and praying with them in turn renews my strength.



Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.  

Leo Buscaglia

4 comments:

betty said...

I like that "You Will Never Be Sorry" poem. So true about that. It is always good to offer positive words to others around us, especially those in our family and our dear friends :)

betty

jack69 said...

Okay, Wooden said it all. Enjoyed the entire read, but the GEM was the Wooden quote for me RIGHT NOW!

THANKS lady! Stay warm

Mevely317 said...

"..... when you offer positive words to someone else, when you give someone a needed emotional boost, you yourself are uplifted."
This reminds me - oh, I'd quite forgotten! - last year I spotted a lady in the dairy aisle whose haircut I greatly admired. Without thinking (and totally out of character), I approached and complimented her while ... at the same time, big old tears welled up in my throat. She probably thought me weird, but it felt good, just being real.

TARYTERRE said...

This first piece I love. These words resonate with me today, "You Will Never Be Sorry......for thinking before acting....for hearing before judging."