It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Chapter 1, Page 28, Book 17

♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 


Prepare yourself for the world, as the athletes used to do for their exercise; oil your mind and your manners, to give them the necessary suppleness and flexibility; strength alone will not do.

Lord Chesterfield

January 29th - gratitude can help you through tough times


Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.

Tom Robbins 

Some people are more flexible in their thinking and the way they do things. They seem to flow through changes quite easily and effortlessly whereas for others it can be extremely challenging.

That’s the way it is with me right now… very challenging.  Just about the time I thought I had a handle on things, life became a little tougher here at my house.

But I have found that not only will a grateful attitude help when times are tough, it is essential. It is precisely under challenging conditions when we have the most to gain by a grateful perspective on life

 In the face of brokenness, gratitude has the power to heal. In the face of despair, gratitude has the power to bring hope. In other words, gratitude can help us cope with tough times.


Gratitude can be chosen in spite of one’s situation or circumstances.

Learning to live and love when life gets tough is part of the new beginnings I’m facing this year. Thankfully, I’ve got the best help available.  The dear Lord is by my side through it all. I’m grateful I’m not in this alone.  It’s a new beginning for me and flexibility means I am willing to learn as I go.



Seeds of discouragement will not grow in the thankful heart.

Anonymous

4 comments:

betty said...

I remember the other day thinking of something and the words "this too will pass" came into my mind. I'm sure it was the Good Lord gently reminding me that this is just another season in our lives and it will pass along with the other ones before and he'll always be with us. I don't embrace change very well so it is a struggle when things change, especially if they aren't good changes, but that is when I think I should be the most grateful.

betty

jack69 said...

Sweet read all the way thru, BUT the opening Graphic "THIS TOO SHALL PASS" is words to LIVE by!

Mevely317 said...

Like Betty, I'm reluctant to embrace change. It's fearful, particularly when I've no control of the outcome.
It's always good to remember, to recite: "This, too, shall pass."

TARYTERRE said...

My dear mother in law always used to say, "This too shall pass." And I adopted the phrase and it's sentiment in my own life. Glad to see it here.