It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, January 02, 2017

Chapter 1, Page 2, Book 17



♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ It’s the Most Wonderful Season of All♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 


When the song of the angel is stilled,
When the star in the sky is gone,
When the kings and princes are home,
When the shepherds are back with their flock,
The work of Christmas begins:
To find the lost--To heal the broken--To feed the hungry--
To release the prisoner--To rebuild the nations--
To bring peace among brothers and sisters--
To make music in the heart.

Howard Thurman


The 9th day of Christmas…January 2nd

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. 

Judy Garland

Today’s thought of the day surrounds ‘loving yourself’ or perhaps more importantly, loving everything that makes you, well…you.  We’re reminded to care for the people around us, and to not take people for granted, but it’s rare that someone will remind you to love yourself, be proud of yourself, and to enjoy every moment of your adventures.  Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.  

Christmas is the short time where only magic is important, enjoy it, before it’s too late. Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.

 

Every morning is a fresh beginning. Every day is the world made new. Today is a new day. Today is my world made new. I have lived all my life up to this moment, to come to this day. This moment - this day - is as good as any moment in all eternity. I shall make of this day - each moment of this day - a heaven on earth. This is my day of opportunity.

Dan Custer

Sometimes when we look at the manger scene, we don't see how we fit into Christmas. We see figures from ancient times in a distant land. Thank the good Lord, the reality of Christmas is not limited to a particular time or place. Christmas transcends geography and chronology. It is not a matter of exterior circumstances but of the heart.  Christmas is an inside job.


Every moment of the new year is a moment of your precious life.


While winter is white and cold and human hearts are warm, Christmas must continue to be the universal festival of peace and good will, the sacred season of love, the holiday of kindness

Author Unknown


♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ It’s the Most Wonderful Season of All♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 

4 comments:

jack69 said...

HEY! OKAY, I dug a jewel. I love when i find a jewel. Youmade my daywith this statement:
"Christmas is an INSIDE JOB!" Ain't it the TRUTH!

betty said...

I liked that poem by Howard Thurman. So true about Christmas and your thoughts about it, Ma, especially Christmas being an inside job. Our pastor also mentioned in his sermon yesterday how we as Christians should live in the church calendar when it comes to Christmas not the secular calendar that starts putting up displays even before Halloween for Christmas and then Christmas is gone literally the day afterwards and Valentine's Day starts to be on display. He mentioned the church calendar starts with Advent and then going into Christmas being the 12 days afterwards with the 12th day being January 6th, the Epiphany. I think you model this time table on your blog with the Advent preparations you do and then carrying through the 12 days of Christmas! Enjoyable to read!

betty

Mevely317 said...

Loving oneself?
How ironic! I just came from another blogger's place whose word for 2017 is SMILE. I had to confess, I was once afraid to smile because someone I thought hung the moon and stars told me NOT to smile because he found my teeth unattractive. My self-worth was so low, I actually believed him.
Thank God, he didn't love me back because I'd never have met Tom (who says he loves my smile).

TARYTERRE said...

The real work of Xmas now begins. I like that. "To find the lost--To heal the broken--To feed the hungry--To release the prisoner--To bring peace among brothers and sisters--
To make music in the heart." Mr. Howard Thurman got it right.