It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Chapter 1, Page 17, Book 17

♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 



January 17th - Make the most of each day ….  and start doing so today, not tomorrow 

Make the most out of every day and love like there is no tomorrow. 

Remembering that our days are numbered, we need to take charge and make the most of every day. 

I’ve found that the easiest thing you can do to make the most of every day is to wake up smiling. When you put a smile on your face first thing in the morning, you program your brain to think positively and you will attract that positivity throughout your day. Don’t sweat it if you forget; it takes time to build a habit. Smiling at strangers is another lovely way to make the most of your day.


Don’t count every hour in the day, make every hour in the day count. 

Author Unknown

 Our outlook should be positive and exciting if we want to live a life buoyed by happiness. Think about what can be done instead of dwelling on the 'what ifs'. A positive outlook truly can determine life or death, success or failure, happiness or despair.

It’s important to realize that you determine your reality by the way you react to the outside world. When something happens you get to choose whether it’s a positive or negative experience and react accordingly.  Let go and embrace the moment, whether it contains an obstacle or an opportunity. Stop fussing over trivial matters and start focusing on what’s really important to you.



If we try to see something positive in everything we do, life won't necessarily become easier but it becomes more valuable. 

Author Unknown

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

"It’s important to realize that you determine your reality by the way you react to the outside world. When something happens you get to choose whether it’s a positive or negative experience and react accordingly." Sometimes though because of fear you have a kneejerk reaction that can change your life in a heartbeat. So as you said, having a positive attitude makes a difference.

betty said...

So true about having a positive attitude. I like the idea of waking up with a smile. I'll have to start that. I am learning, since I'm trying to re-program my brain, that if I go to a negative thought I say something to the effect of "nope, not thinking about that" and replacing it with something more positive. It has helped a lot in re-focusing my attitude at times.

betty

Mevely317 said...

This post sure speaks to my heart this morning!
We're programmed to smile at strangers (guests) here at work every day, so it shouldn't be difficult extending that little gesture to our families and friends. Like mother said, "A smile doesn't cost a thing."

Carol Z said...

I'm nota morning person, but I try to smile at the world in general when I get up. Once I'm out I smile at people walking on the street. Yes, even in New York City, and most people smile back.

Rick Watson said...

I prefer to get up and at it early. I'm usually up by 5:30 and working my plan.