It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Chapter 12, Page 7, Book 16



♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ It’s the Most Wonderful Season of All♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 


1 Corinthians 13 – a Christmas Version
(via email. source unknown)

If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls, but do not show love to my family, I’m just another decorator. 

If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime, but do not show love to my family, I’m just another cook.

If I work at the soup kitchen, carol in the nursing home and give all that I have to charity, but do not show love to my family, it profits me nothing.

If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties and sing in the choir’s cantata but do not focus on Christ, I have missed the point.

Love stops the cooking to hug the child. Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the husband. Love is kind, though harried and tired. Love doesn’t envy another’s home that has coordinated Christmas china and table linens.

Love doesn’t yell at the kids to get out of the way, but is thankful they are there to be in the way. Love doesn’t give only to those who are able to give in return but rejoices in giving to those who can’t.

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. Video games will break, pearl necklaces will be lost, golf clubs will rust, but giving the gift of love will endure.

Merry Christmas and lots of love to you and yours!



I believe everyone has different ways of showing love, too. Due to our different upbringings, personalities, culture, even our sex; we have different ways of expressing love. There is no right or wrong, though. Some of us show love with hugs and kisses, through gifts, with words, by being there when someone really needs us… Either way, we all do it differently.

At the end of life, our questions are very simple: Did I live fully? Did I love well?

Jack Kornfield

We all grow up with some healthy stories about love and some unhealthy ones. I learned some beautiful, life giving ideas about love, ideas like these:

Loving people means believing in their potential.
Love means treating people with kindness and gentleness.
Loving the people in your life means celebrating their successes and cheering them on.


The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.

Each of us has come to understand love differently, and so it only makes sense that our expression of it differs too. Sometimes you might feel as though the people in your life don’t really love you, but maybe that’s simply your perception. It could be that they do, but they are just showing you in a different way to what you’re used to.

What matters most isn’t how they show you love, but the fact that they love you at all. Appreciate that, because for some, it’s not easy to express their love. It might even be downright hard.


Christmas is a time to open our hearts to God and his gifts. Just like the rest of the year. 

Author Unknown

♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ It’s the Most Wonderful Season of All♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 

4 comments:

betty said...

I liked that Christmas poem based on 1 Corinthians chapter 13. So true how love can be expressed in different ways and not always the same within a family. Love needs to be given unselfishly no matter which way it is given.

betty

jack69 said...

I too like the modern insight of Corinthians. On our walk last night we walked Corinthians Street. I asked Sherry, "Is this first or second?" LOL

Good one.

Mevely317 said...

That Corinthians Christmas version is pretty telling!

I recall when my (former) hubby and I got together, I was a bit taken away by his big family's outgoing mannerisms and hugs. (There wasn't a lot of touching going on in my family.) Still, that didn't keep me from catching on ... and now I love giving hugs!

Rick Watson said...

Beautiful sentiment Ma.