It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, December 30, 2016

Chapter 12, Page 30, Book 16



♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ It’s the Most Wonderful Season of All♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 

Keep your Christmas heart open all the year round. 

J.L.W. Brooks

The 6th day of Christmas…December 30th


Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible – the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family 

Virginia Satir

I’ve been thinking about how beautiful it is to nurture and be nurtured, to feel unselfish caring for ourselves and others; to be supportive; to be willing to spend time together, and if necessary to be loving enough to say the things those we love might not want to hear and to do it consciously, kindly but honestly while holding them in love. This is the essence of family, friendship and community. 


Be the one who nurtures and builds. Be the one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart one who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them.

 Marvin J. Ashton

Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.  Let’s just see if we can’t brighten up the world a little by sharing the Christmas magic of a smile.  No matter who we are or where we are, a smile can help us feel loved and cherished.  I wonder if each of us could reach out today with a more nurturing attitude and, as we do so, feel more nurtured ourselves.


I heard a bird sing
In the dark of December,
A magical thing,
And sweet to remember:
We are nearer to spring
Than we were in September.
Oliver Herford, Hope


♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ It’s the Most Wonderful Season of All♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 

5 comments:

betty said...

Lots of good thoughts today, Ma. It is good to nurture those we love and be nurtured back, etc. I agree with meeting people we love with a smile too. I'm going to make sure I do that in the days ahead!

betty

Mevely317 said...


Pardon if I'm (unconsciously) repeating myself, Ma....

At my workplace, one of the expectations of associates is (that) we practice the 10/5 rule.
Well, having spent so many years in Texas, I thought it comical that folks had to be taught to make eye contact and smile a 'good morning/afternoon.'
Unfortunately however, it's so ingrained, I caught myself smiling and saying 'good morning!' to random strangers while at Wild Horse Pass a couple of weeks ago. Talk about getting strange looks!

jack69 said...


To me there is no more joy than to smile and get one in return from a stranger. Yes I love it when the smile it obviously contagious.

TARYTERRE said...

you are definitely right about attitudes being contagious. to uplift a mood smiling works for sure.

Rick Watson said...

I love smiling for no reason. Pessimists think I'm up to something :)