It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, December 26, 2016

Chapter 12, Page 26, Book 16


♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ It’s the Most Wonderful Season of All♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 


Work of Christmas Begins
Howard Thurman (adapted)

When the song of the angels is stilled,
when the star in the sky is gone,
when the kings and princes are home,
when the shepherds are back with the flocks,
then the work of Christmas begins:
to find the lost,
to heal those broken in spirit,
to feed the hungry,
to release the oppressed,
to rebuild the nations,
to bring peace among all peoples,
to make a little music with the heart…

And to radiate the Light of Christ,
every day, in every way, in all that we do and in all that we say.
Then the work of Christmas begins.

Let the work of Christmas begin, and let it begin with you.


On the 2nd day of Christmas…December 26th

The day after Christmas brings thoughts of the coming New Year here at my house.  2016 brought many changes and I hoping that 2017 will be a little kinder.  

There were no doubt some good times to be remembered too.  We had many good times as a family and those are the things I’ll try to be thankful for as I write the last few pages in this book of 2016.

We were blessed with many family holiday celebrations, birthdays and picnics.  At one time or another I was able to spend time with all of my children and that is not always possible.  

Except for the cold I got for Christmas, I’ve been relatively healthy and that is a blessing indeed.  The little aches and pains that come with getting older, truly are not even worth mentioning.

I keep Christmas here at my house until January 6th which is also known as twelfth night or Epiphany, so for just a little while yet I’ll be continuing with the same theme…Please join me as we celebrate the 12 days of Christmas!

I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.

Charles Dickens 

♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ It’s the Most Wonderful Season of All♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 

4 comments:

jack69 said...

We will hang in here and enjoy your 12 days of Christmas. I had to smile at the 'cold' and pains of age. YEP, me too! (and this is Florida_)

betty said...

When I was growing up, we kept our decorations up until January 6th too. Now I take them down before New Year's Day. I liked the Work Of Christmas. That is something to strive to do as we live our life.

Betty

Mevely317 said...

We, too, enjoy keeping Christmas around the house until January 6 ... sometimes, later!

True, considering all those who are truly suffering in body and spirit, my 'aging journey' seems trivial, indeed.

TARYTERRE said...

Same here. We celebrate all 12 days of Xmas too. Glad you got to celebrate with all your children this year.