It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, December 23, 2016

Chapter 12, Page 23, Book 16



♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ It’s the Most Wonderful Season of All♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 

Where there is faith, there is love;
Where there is love, there is peace;
Where there is peace, there is God;
And where there is God; there is no need.

Leo Tolstoy

The hope of Christmas: Peace on earth!

There are just a very few days until Christmas now .  All is not calm and bright for many in this world, but here at my house, peace has found it’s presence. 

We had our family celebration for Christmas last Saturday, so the days of preparation, gift wrapping and cooking are done for me.  

We always do the family gathering on a different weekend before or after Christmas so that each of my children can be home with their families for the actual Christmas Day.  

I’ll be meeting up with some of my family for Christmas services at church on Christmas Eve, but other wise…all remains pretty quiet here at my house.  

Quiet is peaceful but so is the noise of a large family all together.  It’s a peaceful feeling to know that they are all safe, healthy and happy.


To those who see with loving eyes, life is beautiful. To those who speak with tender voices, life is peaceful. To those who help with gentle hands, life is full. And to those who care with compassionate hearts, life is good beyond all measure.

Author Unknown

Last weekend we also received news that one of my sisters had passed away.  Her illness and her death hit us all pretty hard.  I know though, that she is at peace now and as one of my dear friends said, she got the best Christmas present ever - Heavenly Peace.

Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.

Victor Hugo

Every person is a complex mixture of strengths and weaknesses, toughness and gentleness, good points and not so good. We are delicate and fragile. Yet we are also capable of showing remarkable resilience. And just as everyone's personal story, beliefs and viewpoints are so varied and different, all have a place and as life is complex so are we.

At the heart of the message of Christmas, is that God is present in the middle of it all.



The Lord bless you and protect you.

The Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you.

The Lord lift up his face to you and grant you peace.

Numbers 6:24-26


♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ It’s the Most Wonderful Season of All♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 

6 comments:

jack69 said...

That is very understanding of 'ALL' the in-laws and family associated with your large family. That is always nice and does promote PEACE.
Love from Florida and a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you!

ps: It is nice to have all the gifts and 'social' things done so you can enjoy a REAL Christmas...

betty said...

It is hard to lose a loved one around the holidays; even though you know she is at Heavenly Peace; it is sad for the ones left behind. Been a tough year for you, Ma. I hope 2017 is a more peaceful, kinder year!

betty

Back Porch Writer said...

Ma, I'm sorry to hear about your sister. That has to be hard. May God send you comfort. Big hugs your way. Love ya Ma! You have been so good to me through the years cheering me on and I appreciate you so much. Merry CHristmas!

TARYTERRE said...

It is nice to have the busy work done and the celebrating behind you. So sorry to hear of your sister passing. Especially at this time of year. you are in my prayers. and she is at peace.

Mevely317 said...

You know, I really appreciate what you've written about "every person is a mixture of ....."
Seems on the surface, everyone expects us to define ourselves ... sometimes it feels conflicting.

We're meeting Tom's son and family for dinner tonight; and after that I hope to observe a quiet, peaceful 3 days at home with no obligations.

May warm thoughts of happier times with your sis comfort you, Ma.

Rick Watson said...

Losing siblings is tough. I lost both of my brothers too soon. One was 33 and the other was 50. I think I miss them more this time of year.