It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, December 12, 2016

Chapter 12, Page 12, Book 16



♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ It’s the Most Wonderful Season of All♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 


Every real thing is a JOY, if only you have the eyes and ears to relish it, a nose and tongue to taste it.

Over the years I’ve learned a valuable lesson about joy and time, and I learned how many hours are in a week. I also learned about the power of prayer and leaning on God to endure, finding joy in all things. 

Here are just a few of the things I’ve learned :

In my house, Christmas is about Jesus. That first. The rest follows.
The stuff goes away. Relationships do not.
Always smile and at least thank the Bell Ringer at the store. Do not look away. Gather change beforehand to give.

Take time to slow down and appreciate the little things.

Always say thank you to those working at the stores. And look them in the eye. And smile.
 A handwritten note is always worth the effort.
Family matters. Take time to learn about family. To invest in family. To love.
Better to be less busy than to be crazy busy.
The number of presents received does not matter.

Even if life isn’t perfect there still can be beautiful and joyful moments.

Be grateful. Be thankful. Love your family. And remember why you celebrate Christmas.




 Living Joy is about how we look at life: the glass half empty or half full. 

♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ It’s the Most Wonderful Season of All♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 

5 comments:

jack69 said...

This one is especially sweet I like how you said it:


Over the years I’ve learned a valuable lesson about joy and time, and I learned how many hours are in a week. I also learned about the power of prayer and leaning on God to endure, finding joy in all things. 

I have appreciated your consistency since meeting you here!

betty said...

I liked everything you shared here with what you had learned over time. Celebrating Jesus at Christmas is the best thing to do indeed and to make him the focus of all of our celebrations!

betty

Mevely317 said...

I like what you said about making eye contact and smiling. Such small gestures can go a long, long way.

Funny aside: As we were leaving our hotel yesterday, I 'caught' myself smiling and saying 'good morning' to strangers coming in ... then realized, "Yikes!, I'm not at work!" (The 10-5 rule is an expectation.) Sure, some returned the smile, but most looked at me like I'd grown a second head. Ah well, THEIR loss! :)

TARYTERRE said...

Eye contact and smiling is important. LOVE that pretty DEER candle. Does it have a sweet fragrance too?

Rick Watson said...

Jilda hand paints our Christmas cards. People love them and many frame them.