It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Chapter 11, Page 9, Book 16



Many a happiness in life, as many a disaster, can be due to chance, but the peace within us can never be governed by chance. 

Maurice Maeterlinck

November 9th - Thankful for the peace which surpasses all understanding

Five great enemies to peace inhabit with us: avarice, ambition, envy, anger, and pride. If those enemies were to be banished, we should infallibly enjoy perpetual peace. 

Francesco Petrarch

There is a lot we can all do to promote peace and to have peace in our lives, but more and more the only true peace I find is trusting in our dear Lord and Savior.

No matter what happens I know that He will be there right along side me.  Through many woes and trials, he will be there to guide and walk along side me.  When worries pile up, I can hand all my cares to Him.  He is in control.

Thankfully I am not the manager of this world.  What a mess we’d all be in.


And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus

Phillipians 4:7

It all comes down to child like faith. When we were little and mom and dad took care of us, each new day was an adventure and fear seldom, if ever, entered our tranquil world because they were in charge. 

True thanksgiving emphasizes the Giver rather than the gifts.

He gives us what we need when we need it.  We may not think so at the time, but in the end every thing is for a purpose.  We will have hardships in life, of that there is no doubt. I’m thankful that I’ve always had what was needed.  Not more, not less, but just what I needed.


The opposite of anxiety is hope. Hope predicts that God will be with us.  Peace is the companion of hope.  Peace will make you feel better, which is a good thing, but there is something greater at stake. In a world where true peace seems impossible, the only real peace is available to us is in the Prince of Peace

 prayer + thankfulness = peace

3 comments:

betty said...

I liked your last thought, Ma, about anxiety is the opposite of peace and so on. That is so true. Something to remember when feeling anxious, which I often can be feeling these days. So true that the peace that transcends understanding can only come from Jesus!

betty

jack69 said...

I just wanted to say you sid something I have never thought of in that respect, you said:

It all comes down to child like faith. When we were little and mom and dad took care of us, each new day was an adventure and fear seldom, if ever, entered our tranquil world because they were in charge.

I had never make the comparison. That makes a lot of sense. THANKS!

Rick Watson said...

May we all find peace.