It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Chapter 11, Page 8, Book 16


Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life. 

Mark Twain

November 8th - I’m always grateful that I have a good book to read.

A book is a gift you can open again and again.

Garrison Keillor

I love to read and always have a book on hand to read.  Reading has taken me to places I’d never dreamed of.  Books are filled with so many different things and I seem to enjoy them all.  There are cook books, travel books and those that are filled with romance and intrigue.  I read them all.


Books are the quietest and most constant of friends, and the most patient of teachers.

Charles W. Eliot

I don’t remember a time since I learned to read as a child that I didn’t have a book on the shelf.  Thankfully our schools always had libraries to visit and books to borrow.  I’ve read just about every kind of book you can find.  I  learned a lot about life through books and I’ve been inspired to be a better person because of them.


Some of the sweetest hours in life, in retrospect will be found to have been spent with books.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I’m thankful too for the people that write books.  They have provided experiences that have change my life.  Books have made me laugh, made me cry and given me hope for tomorrow.  I’m am truly thankful for books.

Always look on the bright side of life. Otherwise it'll be too dark to read. 

Author Unknown


2 comments:

betty said...

I love reading too. It is always good to have a good book close by.

Betty

jack69 said...

I envy folk who learned of 'reading' and its benefits early. I actually started reading in my late 50's. I never knew what I was missing. Since then I have read 1000's of books and published 10. I now understand the 'connection' of a book and the mind. I always have one near now.
Love from Florida!