It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, November 07, 2016

Chapter 11, Page 7, Book 16



Be grateful for the kindly friends that walk along your way;
Be grateful for the skies of blue that smile from day to day;
Be grateful for the health you own, the work you find to do,
For round about you there are men less fortunate than you.

Be grateful for the growing trees, the roses soon to bloom,
The tenderness of kindly hearts that shared your days of gloom;
Be grateful for the morning dew, the grass beneath your feet,
The soft caresses of your babes and all their laughter sweet.

Acquire the grateful habit, learn to see how blest you are,
How much there is to gladden life, how little life to mar!
And what if rain shall fall today and you with grief are sad;
Be grateful that you can recall the joys that you have had.

Edgar Guest   


 November 7th - I am thankful for the memory of loved ones gone but not forgotten

I still miss those I loved who are no longer with me but I find I am grateful for having loved them. The gratitude has finally conquered the loss. 

Rita Mae Brown

I am so thankful for all the wonderful memories I have.  Like most, I tend to keep the good memories and rarely remember the bad.

Recently I came across my wedding album which was put away in a storage bin many years ago.  I’ve been sorting things out here and my house and have way too many boxes filled with memories. Let me tell you it’s not an easy thing at all.

I took pictures of the pictures so that just in case that album gets lost again I’ll still have them on the computer.  One thing is for sure, they’ll remain right in my heart forever.  Hard to believe I was ever that young or that thin, but I was.

Well any way todays pictures are of my wedding day which was over 50 years ago.  I was 21 and he was 23 and truly the love of my life.  I’ve never found anyone to replace him.  He died of a massive heart attack, shortly after our 27th wedding anniversary at the age of 50, 24 years ago.  

I am so very thankful I had him in my life to love and to be loved too.



Gratitude is the memory of the heart. 

Jean Baptiste Massieu

2 comments:

betty said...

So sweet with pictures, Ma. Good you took a picture of them in case the album was misplaced. My sister scanned my mom and dad's wedding pictures then sent my brother and me a disk with all the pictures. It is wonderful to reflect back and remember the good times.

Betty

jack69 said...

Beautiful pictures. I can only imagine the feelings as youlook back at a younger, more joyful time. WE think of you and the bloggers left many times. WE know one day it will be us. WE are thankful for all the years we have and are having together.

Love Edgar Guest. Thanks for the view into your younger years. Peope on the outside forget, but we all have a past to KNOW!