It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Chapter 11, Page 6, Book 16


Some people grumble because roses have thorns; I am thankful that the thorns have roses.

Alphonse Karr

November 6th - I am thankful for the beauty of nature

Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.

Rachel Carson

The rose bush in the picture was a gift given years ago and thankfully it has weathered the seasons and come back every year.  Roses in November are not as plentiful as there were in the summer, but they still delight and amaze me. 


Nature is new every morning. 

Proverb

Some mornings I wake to a sunrise of astonishing beauty and often walk outside just to experience it.  When I stand the yard gazing up at the pink, orange and blue sky, my heart sings and aches at the same time. The sunrise reminds me to be thankful for a new day.


No matter what the season nature provides a world full of wonder and awe. There is so very much beauty all around us to see, touch, and hear.  I’m blessed to have flowers blooming here from April on into November.  It’s a blessing to see the tulips pop out of the ground in the spring and I delight in the day lilies blooming for most of the summer too.  


A ride out  in the country provides a wider view of nature and a trip to beach is awesome thing.  Watching the waves roll in and out is very relaxing too. Nature has a very calming effect. There is so very much beauty all around us to see, touch, and hear I try to take in the beauty all around me and I am thankful for it.


Nature is always hinting at us. It hints over and over again. And suddenly we take the hint.

 Robert Frost

The outdoor world is full of inspiration. All we have to do is look for it. A dandelion in the backyard teaches us never to quit. A bird migrating thousands of miles through all kinds of weather teaches us never to quit. A whitetail deer foraging through five feet of snow teaches us, that’s right, never to quit. Never give up.


Remember:

 Nature teaches us that for everything there is a season and the right timing.

Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. 

Rachel Carson
 

4 comments:

betty said...

So true what nature teaches us. It is good to take the time and enjoy our beautiful world created by God.

Betty

jack69 said...

There are times in my life I just want to absorb nature. I cannot get enough at one sitting. Nature thrills me, out my front door, on an ocean or mountain top. I never Knew I could love a desert until walking out into the vast area and realizing how many creatures and plants live there.

Mevely317 said...

There's so much beauty in nature I've been oblivious to; but I love your mention of the dandelion!

Your phrase, "When I stand the yard gazing up at the pink, orange and blue sky, my heart sings and aches at the same time" caught at my heart-strings. Hands-down, sunrise is one of my favorite things in the whole world.
Next time, I'll think of you and appreciate how we're seeing the same thing while thousands of miles apart!

Rick Watson said...

We live in a garden for sure.