It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, November 04, 2016

Chapter 11, Page 4, Book 16


For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

4th - I’m very thankful for the food I have to eat and especially when I can share it with others


Good food is a celebration of life. 

Sophia Loren

I love to cook but having had a large family, it’s still very difficult for me to cook anything in small portions.  I’ve tried cutting down the recipes but they really never taste as good.  More than not I’ll keep it simple when cooking for myself.  Soups and casseroles when it’s cold out and salads and sandwiches in the summer.

I’m thankful for the holidays when my family can be together to enjoy a meal together.  It seems that any celebration includes food and there are a lot of good cooks in my family too.  One thing we all have in common is our love of good food.  


Family dinners aren't just for the holidays. They actually have benefits.  Family meals aren't just about food.  They give parents and kids the chance to connect, adding a sense of security to the daily routine. They're an opportunity for parents to teach about family history and traditions, so that they give kids a sense of identity.  A shared meal binds people together.

Families that eat together, Stay together.  Meal time isn't about eating; it's about sharing with the people you care about most.


Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.

Melody Beattie

3 comments:

jack69 said...

I love your words here:
Families that eat together, Stay together. Meal time isn't about eating; it's about sharing with the people you care about most. ***********

We are finding more and more the fun of sharing our table.

What you said must be true about cooking for a large family and trying to cut down and keep the taste. I am sure my mama had that trouble.
Good memory jogging entry.

betty said...

So important about eating together as a family and sharing the time together. That is even better than the actual food consumed. Always good memories made around the table.

Betty

Rick Watson said...

Eating together is one of my greatest joys in life.