It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Chapter 11, Page 2, Book 16



We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude. 

Cynthia Ozick


November 2nd - One piece of technology, I’m especially thankful for is the digital camera

A good snapshot stops a moment from running away.

Eudora Welty
It used to be we’d take pictures and then have the film developed and we’d wait days or weeks for pictures that family and friends would share.  Now thanks to the digital camera, pictures can be uploaded and sent in an email within minutes of being taken.

Life is always walking up to us and saying, 'Come on in, the living's fine,' and what do we do? Back off and take its picture.

Russell Baker

I used to keep my pictures in albums, now they are stored on the computer and I make backups regularly to make sure I don’t loose any.  There is nothing like looking at pictures of summer on a cold winter day to warm you up.

So many in my family are far away and the pictures they send keep them as close as my finger tips.  Pictures of grandchildren growing up and days that I’d miss otherwise.



A picture is worth a thousand words

2 comments:

betty said...

It is a wonderful invention with the digital camera. Fun with looking through old picture albums, but can be a bit more organized digitally on the computer with our pictures.

Betty

jack69 said...

Oh yeah, isn't digital absolutely wonderful. Never run out of film nor (as you said) wait long periods to see you moved the camera or made a good picture.

With our screen saver on 'my pictures' we often sit and watch them scroll by. The family likes it also and will very often say take that back a couple, THAT IS ME, i was when I first started school, or something similar.