It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, November 18, 2016

Chapter 11, Page 18, Book 16


Caring about others, running the risk of feeling, and leaving an impact on people, brings happiness.

Harold Kushner

November 18th -  I am thankful for all the People in my life 

Be grateful to people who make us happy. They are the gardeners who make our souls blossom. 

 Marcel Prous

 Life is all about the people who impact us and the people whom we impact.  It’s people who’ve made my life what it is. 

I am grateful for friends and family who’ve stuck by me through the years and who’ve supported my unique approach to life and my eccentric habits and ideologies.  As I’ve gotten older, I’ve come to understand and appreciate the importance of these tried and true relationships.


The holiday season generally brings us closer to people. Sometimes that closeness reminds us how much we love each other. Sometimes it reminds us that we drive each other crazy, as family often does.

At the heart of it, Thanksgiving in particular calls us to see people with the deepest appreciation for the gifts they’ve given us. Some gifts are more immediately obvious than others, the type that come with praise, affection, and genuine esteem.

I am thankful I have experienced the weight of loving someone too much, so I know my heart is capable of such a feat.

I am thankful I have watched family members leave when they needed to leave. I am thankful they’ve come back home.


I can smile because I have the most amazing people in my life and everyday they make my life full of amazement and I'm thankful for all the unforgettable moments

You Are Known

It’s not who you know – it’s how you are known by those who know you

Gene Autry


2 comments:

jack69 said...

Oh yes, age does show the tried and true friendships. What a blessing to look around and see those who have been there thru thick and thin. YES I am very grateful!

betty said...

The love and friendship of our families and friends are great things to ge thankful this time of year and indeed every day.

Betty