It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Chapter 11, Page 17, Book 16


Gratitude takes nothing for granted, is never unresponsive, is constantly awakening to new wonder, and to praise of the goodness of God. 

Thomas Merton

17th -  I am thankful for the knowledge to know, there is always more to learn

Learning is ongoing. Open your eyes and heart.

I do learn something new every day of my life.  Even though I’ve lived a lot of years and have had an unknown amount of experiences that have taught me a lot about life…learning is on going.  

I’ve learned untold lessons in life but that doesn’t mean I remember all of them.  Sometimes the lesson has to repeated again and again before it sinks in.

One thing I know for sure is that the more I take time to be thankful and express my gratitude, the more I have to be thankful for.  A spirit of gratitude opens our eyes to a world of wonder we so often take for granted.   I am thankful my life is a beautiful mess and a lesson every day, and that this is enough reason to keep on keeping on, and more than enough reason to continue being thankful. 


Always think on the bright side--no matter what life brings
to your day.  You'll gain a treasure within your soul
that no worry or hardship can ever take away.

Isaac Purcell

There is a lot of power in gratitude.  It gets our eyes off ourselves, and helps us to focus back on God.  It reminds us we're not in control, but that we serve a Mighty God who is. 

Gratitude helps us to recognize that we have so much to be thankful for, even all of the little things, which often we may forget to thank Him for, but they really are the biggest, most important things in this life. It takes our attention off of our problems and helps us instead to reflect on, to remember, the goodness of His many blessings.

A heart of gratitude leaves no room for complaining. For it is impossible to be truly thankful and filled with negativity and ungratefulness at the same time.

The good news is that gratitude is for everyone because we all have things to be thankful for at any time and in any place. 


Remember:   If the sun is shining, and we want to receive its light, we must open our eyes.

Nine tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody's hand and squeeze it... while there is still time. 

Dale Tauten


3 comments:

betty said...

I too seem to learn something new each day. It is good we still have the ability to do so as we age. Trying to live more of a life of gratitude these days. I am thankful for all God has given me, now I have to live in thankfulness every day.

Betty

jack69 said...

I smiled at this one. I have learned lots of new things on this little house. It is plaster and concrete. A complete new world to 'stick built homes'. Example: You don't just drive a nail in the wall to hang a picture. LOL

Good entry..

Rick Watson said...

Every day is a school day.