It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Chapter 11, Page 10, Book 16


November 10th - I am thankful for the gift of good taste

Knowing what you can not do is more important than knowing what you can do. In fact, that's good taste. 

Lucille Ball

My sense of taste works just fine and so does my ability to act in good taste.  One word with a double meaning.

For many of us the taste of food is more important than the price we pay for it.  I know I’ll pay a little more if I know something tastes better than if a bought a cheeper brand.   With the exception of fresh fruit and vegetables, many food products taste about the same and when that is the case, I’ll go for the one that costs the least.


I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

 Oscar Wilde

I prefer the taste of home cooked over anything at a restaurant or fast food drive thru.  Home cooked is always best in my books.  I grew up in a family of good cooks.  My mother and my grandmothers were very good cooks and felt as though their purpose in life was to make sure we ate well.

There is no point in arguing about matters of taste. 

Author Unknown

It’s all a matter of taste.  Whether or not someone has good or bad taste is usually a matter of opinion.    I might say I have good taste when it comes to the clothes I wear or the choice of furniture I have but others might think I have terrible taste. 


He who has never tasted what is bitter does not know what is sweet. 

German Proverb

A taste of life .  When ever we get a taste of something we like, we savor it and enjoy it.  It’s the same with life.  The things we love, enjoy and are thankful for are all something to savor.  


Life is Sweet !

Wake up with a smile and go after life… Live it, enjoy it, taste it, smell it, feel it. 

Joe Knapp


3 comments:

betty said...

So true about the double meaning of the word taste. I find some generic food products don't taste like the brand names, like for me macaroni and cheese. Always good to have tasty food to eat and to have good taste when living life.

Betty

jack69 said...

Just as you said, I too, have good taste in food, clothes and furniture. However not every body sees it that way since there are other choices.

We ate at a restaurant yesterday with friends. Today Sherry cooked pinto beans, cornbread, lettuce slaw and salmon patties, put the restaurant to shame. LOL

Good one again girl!

Rick Watson said...

My wife has very good taste in most things. She has a knack for choosing simple foods, clothes, home decorations, and other things that are just right. I think that is a gift.
Like you we much prefer food from home rather than most restaurants though ther are a few remarkable places w go from time to to time.
I enjoyed this post a great deal.