It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Chapter 11, Page 1, Book 16


For today and its blessings, I owe the world an attitude of gratitude.

Clarence E. Hodges

It’s November and it’s Thankful Month


An Attitude of Gratitude starts here! 

Using a list I found on line, I’m going to share something I’m thankful for every day of November.  30 days of gratitude.



November 1st - a smell that I’m grateful for

The breezes smell of apple peel. The air is full of smells to feel

John Updike

The sense of smell is one thing we should all be thankful for and I am very thankful for the smell of fall in the air.  Autumn smells are sugar and spice and every thing nice.  It’s cooler now and the oven can once again  be used.  Apple and pumpkin pies abound.  It’s time to make simmering mulled cider and caramel dip for sliced apples.  

Thankfully I do have a pretty good sense of smell.  They say that a smell can bring on a flood of memories, influence people's moods and even affect their work performance. 



I can smell autumn dancing in the breeze.
The sweet chill of pumpkin and crisp sunburnt leaves.
Ann Drake


3 comments:

betty said...

My husband has a good sense of smell. I love the smells of Thanksgiving, of turkey cooking and pumpkin pies. A good month to be thankful indeed.

Betty

jack69 said...

I love this Thankful month. My mind always goes back to my childhood, and mama and daddy's teachings (in life and words) the importance of being thankful.

I am thankful for another beautiful cool day here in Florida. I am looking at a great feeling 66 on the thermometer.
Have a great day!

peggy said...

I am thankful for this 70 degree day, to clean up the squash plants and that dinosaur kale. It has been so cold and rainy I kept putting it off.