It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Chapter 10, Page 9, Book 16



Count your blessings instead of your crosses;

Count your gains instead of your losses.

Count your joys instead of your woes;

Count your friends instead of your foes.

Count your smiles instead of your tears;

Count your courage instead of your fears.

Count your full years instead of your lean;

Count your kind deeds instead of your mean.

Count your health instead of your wealth;

Count on God instead of yourself.

Author Unknown
October 9th - too blessed to be stressed

 Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel.

Author Unknown

One lesson I’ve learned is that if you focus on your troubles, deficiencies, mistakes and your unsolvable problems you will stress yourself and others to the point of despair.  On the other hand, if you focus on the good things that happen to you, few though you think they may be, you will see light instead of darkness, hope instead of despair, joy instead of sorrow. 

When you remember you are blessed you won't be stressed.  Just as the sun is always shining behind the clouds, there is always something to be thankful for in the midst of a stressful moment. When you’re feeling down and blue remember the words 'Thank You’. 

When we give thanks in the midst of our troubles,  peace will start to slip right in.  Your life will change for the good as you count your blessings. Though you cannot avoid many of the stressful circumstances of life, you can choose whether you will invite in stress as a permanent resident, or you will find ways to make it unwelcome and instead recognize and welcome life’s blessings.

Don’t be stressed, be blessed.

Memorable moment:  roses are still blooming here and it’s October




5 comments:

jack69 said...

Don’t be stressed, be blessed. In life it is very hard for many folk to understand that simple statement. Humans go off on the negative, life in the USA sorta teaches us that, unintentionally of course. But when 24 hours a day we watch or hear all the negative news, humans begin to see a bugabo behind every door.

BUT WE ARE SO BLESSED.

betty said...

I liked that count your poem. It is true if you dwell on what is going bad around you, you can work yourself into despair. Good to do the opposite and seek the blessings you have and be grateful instead. Good reminder.

Betty

Debbie said...

My husband is constantly telling me what he hears on the new channels. I tell him if I wanted to know all the bad stuff, I'd listen to the news myself!! I know I should keep up with world events...but sometimes ignorance is bliss!
I don't keep my head in the sand....just trying to keep my eyes on Jesus.
Love to you, dear one.
Debbie
xo
GREAT post!!!

Mevely317 said...

I needed to see this today!
In fact, I need to quit reading so much Facebook and CNN ... and focus on meaningful messages in Blogland.

Rick Watson said...

May my glass and yours be forever half full :)
R