It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Chapter 10, Page 8, Book 16





Live your life, every day of it, with great expectations and great things will happen in your life, daily. 

 Art Fettig
October 8th - My life is a reflection of my expectations, and for this day, I expect good.

Good things happen when you get your priorities straight.

Scott Caan

Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.   We are always expecting something, either good or bad. As our expectations normally take shape, why not expect good things?  

You can’t expect to receive all that is beautiful and good in life with a closed heart.

Joe Duncan 

Be brave with your heart. Keep it open. This is the only life you get to use it in.  When I put aside doubt and think instead about all the dreams I have had in my life,  I remember the joy I felt when a relationship, a job, any situation turned out better than I ever thought possible. 

Always expect the best. Then if you have to hurdle a few tough problems, you will have generated the strength and courage to do so. 

George Matthew Adams

 Life throws curveballs at us, forcing us to deal with tragedy and heartbreak when we least expect it.  At times like these its good to remember that sometimes problems turn out be a good thing because problems force you to make changes that you wouldn't make otherwise.  

There is a saying that best personifies positive thinking, Every black cloud has a silver lining. That should be our attitude. Learn something from every bad experience or situation. And even from a good experiences.


Our limitations and success will be based, most often, on your own expectations for ourselves. What the mind dwells upon, the body acts upon. 

Denis Waitley



MEMORABLE MOMENT:  A slice of warm bread fresh from the oven

4 comments:

jack69 said...

Not fair! It cannot be fair to show fresh buttered bread when I don't have any. LOL I could almost smell the aroma of fresh baked bread.

AT this point in my life I know my cup is over flowing, and it is a good feeling. I wish the same for my family and the world.

betty said...

Yum on the bread! Always so tasty. Life does indeed throw us curve balls. It is good to remember when we go through them that this too shall pass and hopefully the next season will bea little calmer.

Betty

Mevely317 said...

I just let out an involuntary whimper when I saw that buttered bread.
Only last week did I "allow" myself to consume seasoned croutons .... gotta say, it was like Heaven! (Generally, I've tried not eating bread for the last few years.)

Expectation of Good?
OK, I'm going to try that next week.

Rick Watson said...

The quote that resonates with n
Me is that not every day is good but there's something good in every day. That was important for me to hear right now.
R