It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Chapter 10, Page 5, Book 16



Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.

William Morris

October 5th - slowly but surely

Collect moments, not things.

Author unknown

I have been evaluating everything in my house, from clothes I haven’t worn in years to seasonal dinnerware. Going through extra rooms typically used for storage, like the attic, basement or spare room. Deciding what’s indispensable and purging stuff that’s collecting too much dust.

It’s a very slow process. My problem isn’t denial, but rather, the extraordinary difficulty associated with giving up items that are so closely linked to my memories.  I’ve got things here that go back as far as when I got married and a few of them before then.

A good friends suggested that I set a goal for each day and break it down in small segments and that’s what I’m going to do. Doing a little at a time, it will all get done.

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.

A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh


Memorable Moment:  A picture of one of my granddaughters celebrating her birthday


ps: I apologize for the sorry rendition of a treasure chest in my drawing today, but I hope you got the meaning. These are just quick notes I make each day, jotting down what fits the topic.

2 comments:

betty said...

Don't apologize, Ma. I like your drawings. I actually thought you got them from the web. It is hard to go through things. I heard someone took a picture of their special things and kept the memory alive of them that way.

Betty

jack69 said...

I have really enjoyed the notes and drawings you have used. Such a unique idea you had/have. Now to the first quote by Mr/Mrs Unknown which said, "Collect Moments, not things". Now that is a WINNER! I also enjoyed the rest as well.