It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Chapter 10, Page 30, Book 16



Worry a little every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.

Mary Hemingway

October 30th -  worry is a waste of time

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
 Matthew 6:34

We shouldn't act as if our problems don't exist. However, worrying about what might happen tomorrow will only add to the emotional load of today.

Listen to the wind blow.  It carries a message of yesterday and tomorrow and now,,,and NOW counts

Living one day at a time is one lesson I’ve learned well.  If I’m to have any peace of mind at all, I’ve found it’s the only way to live.  Worrying about what happened in the past will get you no where fast.  It’s the same about worrying about the future. By focusing on the present and its problems, we removed all kinds of stress.  It’s OK to plan for tomorrow, but you have to live for today. 

One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.

Anonymous

I’ve had plenty of reasons to worry about what happened in the past and what might happen in the future , but worrying over it never has gotten any results, so one day at a time is how I choose to live.  A good question to ask yourself is, Have my needs for today been cared for? If so, can I take one day at a time, confident that my needs will be taken care of tomorrow as well.  Today is a good one so far.  I’m alive and moving and everything seems to be working so I’ll take that as my cue to let the day begin.  

Don’t let worry hold you down, we’ve got a whole lot more important things to do.

If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.

Author Unknown



Memorable Moment:  celebrating an anniversary of one of my cousins with family

3 comments:

betty said...

I am a worrier though I know that is not how to live. So true to try to live one day at a time and trust God for our needs.

Betty

Mevely317 said...

Like my mother before me, I'm a champion worrier.
For some reason, I liken it to being afraid to relax and fall asleep while on a plane ... lest anything happen. Ridiculous, I know.

Sigh. It looks like I'm destined to keep repeating the lesson until I make the decision let go and let God.

Carol Z said...

I'm a worrier. I'm pretty sure it's something in my wiring. But over the years I've learned to worry less and pray more. It doesn't always work to calm me, but it works better than anything else I know.