It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Chapter 10, Page 29, Book 16



I began to realize that life is a growth stage I'm going through.

 Ellen Goodman

October 29th - stage by stage

Aging is not 'lost youth' but a new stage of opportunity and strength.

Betty Friedan

Remember…God’s got this! He will carry us through!

The stages in life are fast fleeting…but it’s good to look back sometimes and reflect on where we’ve been on our way to where we are now.  

Sometimes I think to myself how on earth did I get here?  How did I land myself in such a predicament ?  The truth of the matter it was all a matter of the choices I made a long the way.  At the time I felt they were good choices, but time has shown that maybe there were not all the right choices.  

You've got to get to the stage in life where going for it is more important than winning or losing. 

Arthur Ashe

The thing is that at this stage of my life, I’m not where I planned to be.  Things happen and change in an instant and very often there are no explanations.  The present stage is going to be one of contradictions and it’s going to interesting indeed to see if the choices I make this time will be for the best.  The good Lord got me through all the other stages of my life.  Looking back I find more good than bad.  More smiles than tears.  And I believe for every season there is a reason and for every stage of life too.

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances and one man in his time will play many parts.

William Shakespeare 

The game is not over until it’s over!

Anyone going through a difficult time needs to remember that the end has not yet come, and that our Heavenly Father may have all manner of wonderful things in store just around the bend in the road.  The game - nor life - is over until it's over. Be encouraged! Don't give up!

Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.

Omar Khayyám


Memorable Moment:  my first pumpkin pie of the season.  It was on sale and I couldn’t resist


2 comments:

betty said...

Yum on the pumpkin pie. So true when going through tough times we have to remember God is with us and he is still working. I do too wonder how I got where I am at, but the decisions seemed good at the time. It just shows we truly have no control in our lives and we just need to trust God.

Betty

Mevely317 said...

This message certainly resounded in me ... particularly, "The thing is that at this stage of my life, I’m not where I planned to be." Me, the gal who's always had a Plan.

I don't know if it's the coming of the end of another year or what, but I've been doing more than a little self-reflection. Sure, there's plenty of embarrassment and shaking my head, but I've no-one but myself to blame ... and praise for His mercy!