It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Chapter 10, Page 26, Book 16



October 26th - coming up short

It seems I’m always coming up short these days but mostly short on time and short on energy and sometimes I’m even short with my words too. You know when you’re completely depleted in body and mind, and you can’t really imagine not feeling that way? 

They say that no matter what happens in your life, there are ways to make the best out of any bad situation.  Time and time again people make it through life’s disasters with a renewed and refreshed spirit to grow and flourish.  So there is hope!

There is a saying,  if life gives us lemons, we should make lemonade. Trying to find the positive in a bad situation isn’t easy and I’m coming up short, but I’m going to get better.   My body and mind may be weary, but my spirit is sound.

Life has been a constant learning process for me and right now I’m learning another life lesson here and I need to remember that:  No matter what bad stuff life throws your way, as long as you cope with it constructively, nothing can get you down.

We all have problems. The way we solve them is what makes us different.

Author Unknown

 



MEMORABLE MOMENT:  before and after shots of the sweet pea vines.  Getting ready for winter

4 comments:

peggy said...

I think you always say just the right amount. I hope things are going well for you. I've never had sweet peas but maybe I will try again next year.

betty said...

When going through tough times it is hard to imagine they ever will be over and hard to sometimes focus on what needs to be done. This time around I am remembering God's faithfulness from prior crises snd looking for his hand in things. I also find myself managing to get done what needs to be done, but that which can slide I allow to slide.

Betty

Jean said...

November is only a few days away and I'm expecting company for the week of Thanksgiving hoping to get a head with some of my cooking, and to I hope the weather will be nice and this old arm will be feeling much better. I still have some flowers blooming pretty I'm sure we don't get near as cold as it does where you live. I have a guy coming to clean my yards today. Just wish I was able to get out and rake it makes me feel much better to be outside doing things. Take care. Jean

jack69 said...

Aw shucks MA, you make some great lemonade! We love it.