It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Chapter 10, Page 23, Book 16


There is more to life than increasing its speed.

Ghandi

October 23rd - Some things take time

 Panic at the thought of doing a thing is a challenge to do it. 

Henry S. Haskins 

Recent events in my life have made me feel as if there is too much to do and not enough time. I’ve been living life in the slow lane now every since I retired, but things have changed.  At this point I need to remember there is more to life than increasing its speed.  It’s not quite time to panic.

After all it took more than 20 years to fill up this house so it’s going to take more than a couple of weeks to get the point of moving.  Downsizing really isn’t much different than a good cleaning out and I really should have done this years ago.  Moving from a large home full of your stuff to a smaller space can be tricky, and while it's easy to say, just get rid of your extra stuff, doing it is much harder.

Sometimes you just have to downsize your home to rightsize your life.  Right now downsizing is the way forward!  


MEMORABLE MOMENT:  Flower boxes on the porch, brightening up the morning

5 comments:

peggy said...

I've been missing out on your posts. Looks like I have missed something big going on with you. Thinking about you this good Sunday morning.

betty said...

That is true to downsize home to rightsize one's life. So true too to keep moving forward, even if it is just baby steps. Such a pretty flower bed!

Betty

Mevely317 said...

"Panic" and I(me?) are, unfortunately, old friends!

I really like your sketch today. (Well, everyday I do, but this hits close to home.)
I've no control while at work, but have allowed the rest of my life to become awfully sedentary. Now that the weather's trying to cool, it's time to dust off my walking shoes!
Baby steps, right?

Rick Watson said...

We fought the urge to buy a big house when I worked full time even though we could have easily afforded a bigger place then. As a result, after we began slowing down, we realized how smart that decision turned out to be.

jack69 said...

You said a lot in this post Lady. Downsizing and right sizing and neat words. And downsizing in baby steps is best in my opinion. My sister did it too fast, we did it a little slower, but still too fast. The best to you as you work thru the task, and keep moving forward. Good advice you are giving yourself.