It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Chapter 10, Page 2, Book 16



I'm going to be happy today,
Though the skies may be cloudy and gray
No matter what may come my way
I'm going to be happy today.

Ella Wheeler Wilcox

October 2nd - a joyful attitude makes each day beautiful

In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider; God has made the one as well as the other.

Ecclesiastes 7:14

This has been a rainy week in my part of the world and it seems that very often the weather can influence my attitude.  Rainy days will make me sleepy and on sunny days I’ll feel more alive, but a bright, sunny day can quickly get too hot.  Rain can be refreshing, but can also spoil a picnic. There is nothing much we can do about the weather but our attitudes can change any day from disaster to delight by changing our thoughts about it.

All the happiness you ever find lies within you.

They say that for every minute you are angry or irritated, you lose 60 seconds of happiness. We get to choose our attitudes and a great attitude always leads to great experiences.

Every day is a new beginning and a new ending.  Embrace it, make the best of it, smile, and keep looking straight ahead.  And don’t forget, a smile doesn’t always mean a person is happy right now; sometimes it simply means they are strong enough to face their problems going forward. 

Happiness is a grateful spirit, an optimistic attitude, and a heart full of love. 

Author Unknown

Happiness is our highest well being. It is peace and gentleness and lightheartedness. It is being thankful for all the little special things which happen around us and to us every day. To be happy is to be able to get a perspective when things look dark and you start to lose hope. Happiness is looking for the gifts, which are always there, even when they seem hidden.


Memorable moment: A box of Pumpkin Spice Twinkies and someone to share them with


Everyone is responsible for their own joy.

4 comments:

betty said...

Interesting flavor of Twinkees, but definitely a memorable moment. So true we can choose our joy and we should not let anyone or anything steal our joy, especially our joy in Jesus.

Betty

Mevely317 said...

It's probably a good thing I live in the desert where rain is a seldom occurrence. Boy, how my spirits plummet when the skies become gray and bloated! I chuckle, recalling my parents telling me, "Mother Nature doesn't care HOW loud or long you complain."

Love your line, "a smile doesn’t always mean a person is happy right now; sometimes it simply means they are strong enough to face their problems going forward." That goes hand-in-glove with a quote I saw on Pinterest: "I love the people who wear a smile when they have EVERY RIGHT to break down."

Hope your day is sweet!

Rick Watson said...

Another beautiful post but I envy your rain. We haven't had any significant rain in over a month and the weatherman says it may be November before we get any. There won't be any leaf burning here until we do.
R

jack69 said...

We are also getting a good bit of rain.

Happiness? I love it. I try not to live any other way. Nothing lasts forever, even problems? Given time, everything level's out!