It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Chapter 10, Page 19, Book 16


 Albert Einstein's Three Rules of Work

Number one: out of clutter, find simplicity. 
Number two: From discord, find harmony. 
And number three: In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.

October 19th - applying the rules

The door to opportunity is always labeled 'push’.

Anonymous

They say that out of every difficulty we’ll find opportunity.  The reason for all the downsizing I’ve been doing is very difficult indeed, but on the bright side I’m able to 1. find some simplicity.  2. find harmony in the discord and 3. have the opportunity to clear out a lot of clutter.  Something I’ve procrastinated over for years.

Intentions often melt in the face of unexpected opportunity.

Shirley Temple Black 

At this point I think I may be halfway there.  The opportunities will keep on coming for quite a while.  Simplicity is my goal.  Instead of 5 or 6 bins of seasonal decorations for each holiday I’m hoping to reduce it down to one or two.  Instead of 6 shelves and 3 cupboards full of crafting goods, I’m hoping to get down to two.

They say that challenges are good for you and believe me when I say that right now I am definitely a challenged person.

Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers 



Memorable Moment:  a beautiful sunrise to greet the day


1 comment:

betty said...

Such a pretty sunrise. Glad to hear you are making progress with the downsizing. I bet you continue to be amazed as you find things you didn't remember having.

Betty