It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Chapter 10, Page 18, Book 16


THE TRASH TO TREASURE RULE: One man's trash is another man's treasure.

October 18th -  sharing the wealth

The home should be the treasure chest of the living.

Le Corbusier

Thanks to some of my children and grandchildren we managed to clear out lots of what I called trash from the my house this past weekend. When I first moved into this house I still had 5 children at home.  I had  3 rooms of furniture, dressers, lamps and beds and a couple of TV sets too that haven’t been used in years and years. These were all things that were needed then, but no longer.  I couldn’t clear these out on my own, so help came and lots went out onto the curb for garbage pick up.  

The pile out front of the houses was huge but most of the furniture was taken before the garbage men arrived.  Old mattresses, lamps,  dressers, a desk and chair were all treasures for someone as now they are gone. The great thing for them was that it was all free.  I still have much to sort out and downsize here, but the big stuff is gone.  My trash was another’s treasure.  

Remember: Something that you don't want might be exactly what someone else needs.



Memorable Moment:  We found my long lost Wedding Album.  Albeit it was a little bruised and battered.

1 comment:

betty said...

So glad you found your wedding album! I bet you enjoyed looking through the pictures. Twice a year here the city picks up bulk trash. It just happened about 3 weeks ago. We didn't have much to put out, but our neighbors across the street did. It was amazing to see how much others took before the city came with their trucks. I would watch people driving up and down the street slowly looking for treasures.

Betty