It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Chapter 10, Page 16, Book 16


One must put oneself in every one's position. To understand everything is to forgive everything.

 Leo Tolstoy

October 16th - forgive, forget and move on

FORGIVENESS IS MY BLESSING.

To be able to forgive takes great strength of mind and heart. When I am able to do so, I find that I am the one who reaps the benefit because forgiveness is something I do for myself. To have a heart full of resentment occupies my mind and keeps me in a state of misery. By not forgiving, I am giving the other person control over my life, allowing him or her to steal my peace of mind

Forgiveness is the oil of relationships.

Josh McDowell

When someone upsets you, it's often because they aren’t behaving according to your fantasy of how they should behave.  Take a deep breath.  It’s OK to disagree with the opinions of others, but that doesn’t give you the right to deny any sense they might make.  Nor does it give you a right to accuse them of poorly expressing their beliefs just because you don’t agree with them.  Learn to appreciate different perspectives, lifestyles, and opinions, even if it means overcoming your pride and opening your mind beyond what’s initially comfortable.

Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.

Peter Ustinov

 Don’t give in to the unnecessary negativity, drama and gossip around you.  Be positive.  Give people a piece of your heart rather than a piece of your mind.   The way others treat you is their issue, how you respond is yours.  

 Forgive.  Let go of the resentment, learn from the incident, and move forward with your life.  When people are rude, be your best.  Be kinder than necessary.  What goes around comes around. 

Forgiveness is a gift of high value. Yet it costs nothing.

 Betty Smith



Memorable Moment:  The last of the sweet peas blooming…The frost will soon take them away.


4 comments:

betty said...

So much truth you wrote here, Ma, and very timely advice. Definitely want to forgive someone than let them have control over my mood and take away my joy. I do enjoy the drawings you share here of your thoughts.

Betty

Mevely317 said...

Our minister was just talking about forgiveness this morning!
Well actually, his topic was trust, and how you should learn to trust YOURSELF first ... but forgiveness was woven right in there as well.

I don't suppose humankind will ever out-grow the need for this sort of message. But it's good, there are reminder-ers and encourage-ers along the way! :)

jack69 said...

You said a bunch here:
When someone upsets you, it's often because they aren’t behaving according to your fantasy of how they should behave.
True dat!

Good read.

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Such a beautiful reflection. I remember reading a book years ago on forgiveness by Doris Donnelly. It was at a time that I had been very hurt by someone and, although usually I can pretty readily forgive, that time I felt I just couldn't. I remember copying a passage from that book into my journal and then writing something to the effect that "God, this is all I can do. If you want me to do more, you'll have to do it." I can't explain it but somehow in that simple action of writing that, God did remove the anger and the hurt and I was able to forgive! I think that was for me what I can only describe as a "God moment."