It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Chapter 10, Page 15, Book 16


We are really ready for this presidential election to be over. We’re ready for an end to the rancor and tackiness. Voters on both sides feel frustrated, even embarrassed by it all. There is a visceral fear, an angst about the result. What if so and so wins? When we wake up to November 9, post election, when the confetti is swept away and the election is finally over, what will we see?

I have a prediction. I know exactly what November 9 will bring. Another day of God’s perfect sovereignty. He will still be in charge. His throne will still be occupied. He will still manage the affairs of the world. Never before has His providence depended on a king, president, or ruler. And it won’t on November 9, 2016.

Circle November 9 on your calendar and write upon it the words:  Our good God rules the world.

Excerpt from devotional by Max Lucado

October 15th - who’s in charge?

Relax, God is in control

Every day, we have to decide who’s going to be in control of your life,  you or God. That choice isn’t always easy and sometimes even battle. There are things in your life that you want to control. You want to make your own rules. However stress relief always starts with letting God be God.

Millions of people pray the Serenity Prayer, which is based on the Lord’s Prayer, but most have never read the last eight lines to the prayer: Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time, accepting hardship as a pathway to peace, taking as Jesus did this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; trusting that you will make all things right if I surrender to your will so that I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with you forever in the next. Amen.

That’s where the power is! 

When the world seems most out of control, God steps in to let us know that he keeps watch over us. Often it is only as we look back that we see the hand of God working through the affairs of life.

So relax! God is in charge. When the time is right the darkness will vanish, and all that is vague will be made perfectly clear.


Memorable Moment:  Found this tasty treat at Sam’s Club! 


5 comments:

betty said...

That treat does look good. I like what Max Lucado said about the election, that is so true. I hadn't heard the last part of the serenity prayer, I like it. It is always good to know God is in control and to remember that.

Betty

Mevely317 said...

Guilty, as charged ... I did not know the last part of The Serenity Prayer.
Relinquishing control has always been my Achilles heel! Laughable, when I stop to consider I'm really not - nor have I ever - really been in control. (Nevertheless, I'm stepping up my prayers!)

jack69 said...

Lucado seems always to express wisdom, I like it.
And YEP, I am ready for the election to be over. It seems with all the immediate research ability, and recorded past history, our elections get nastier.

What is so funny (not ha ha) it seems no matter who wins, things stay the same. OUCH

Anyway good one.

Rick Watson said...

I love getting on social media to see people's kids, their pets, their travel pictures and quotes that move them. But so many now are compelled to share ugly election crap. I'all be glad when it's over.

peggy said...

Everyone is relieved it is over. Me too. We have a very white frost this morning (Thursday)and leaves are everywhere to be raked up, so the world is still turning, time to pack up the bad stuff and start fresh.