It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, October 14, 2016

Chapter 10, Page 14, Book 16



The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.

 William Blake


October 14th -  Sow positive thoughts and let abundant blessings take over. 

To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.

Author Unknown

It’s Harvest time and time to be thankful. Sometimes I need a reminder to set aside my personal will and struggle in order to let blessings in.

But I’ve found that when you have a grateful heart, you begin to notice the little things that bring joy.  Seeing the good in everyday experiences and realizing just how truly good life is .  Our mindsets change from focusing on what we may want to gratitude for what we have.

I have so many things to be grateful for. I have my faith, my family, friends, and the world as a whole for its beauty, warmth, and provision for all life.   

If we say it long enough eventually we're going to reap a harvest. We're going to get exactly what we're saying. 

Joel Osteen

Many people often want to cling to the past, even if it’s lonely and makes us cry, because it feels more comfortable than doing the thing that scares us so much: letting go and embracing the change that enters our lives.

Big changes are in the future here but I keep sowing thoughts of thankfulness.  And by being thankful I will remember that I’ve always had everything I need and a little more too!

The law of harvest is to reap more than you sow. 
Sow an act, and you reap a habit. 
Sow a habit and you reap a character. 
Sow a character and you reap a destiny. 

James Allen




Memorable moment:  Still getting tomatoes here as the frost hasn’t yet hit us.  Nothing better than a fresh homegrown tomato!

4 comments:

Sr. Ann Marie said...

I wonder if big changes are ever easy--I imagine they are not. I know that sometimes it's hard for me to trust that good will come from them--but it always seems to. You mentioned in your post a few days ago about packing up 22 years of living. Trust me, I know what you mean. Two years ago I moved from a convent where I'd been living for 16 years to move to our motherhouse where I work. I had to keep changing the moving date because I just couldn't seem to get things together--and I had just my own personal belongings! Praying for you as you make this change!

betty said...

How neat tomatoes are still growing. It is good to have a positive thankful heart when going through things, especially change.

Betty

jack69 said...

A sweet up lifting post, and you end it with beautiful homegrown tomatoes. Everyone faces the moving and down sizing differently. Usually it is because of the REASON that makes it betteror worse.

Love from Florida!

Rick Watson said...

I' enbeen collecting quotes for years but I'd. Never seen the one
, "To get something you never had" quote. That resonates with me.