It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Chapter 10, Page 12, Book 16




Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. 

Lou Holtz

October 12th - Use disappointment and frustration to motivate you rather than derail you. Be mindful. You are in control of the way you respond to life.

One half of knowing what you want is knowing what you must give up before you get it. 

Sidney Howard

It’s not easy at all for me to stay motivated these days.  I do know what must be done here before I can move.  Clearing out 22 years of stuff here at my house is not easy at all.  I’ve got a lot to give up before I can get to where I need to be and it's going to take some time.

We can let our frustration motivate us by remembering we are in control of how we feel and react to happenings in our lives..   

People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing-that's why we recommend it daily. 

Zig Ziglar

If you are waiting to feel motivated, just do something. Just start! Make your motto, No more waiting - just doing! That is the secret to the momentum of motivation.
Motivated people appreciate the gift of a new day. Every morning is an opportunity to start fresh, so take advantage! You don’t have to carry yesterday into today, so be sure to take control of your life, by taking control of what you do when you wake up. Motivated people understand that while there are many factors that are out of their control, they choose to focus on what they can control.

Motivation comes from doing, moving and taking action!


Motivation is when your dreams put on work clothes.

Author Unknown




Memorable moment:  a picture of some of my family that live very far away. They were enjoying a little Halloween celebration.  I love to see them together.

2 comments:

betty said...

It is hard to stay motivated on a task, especially if we aren't fond of it. Just keeping working on it is a good thing to do, like you are doing.

Betty

Rick Watson said...

I struggle with this. It seems some days I'' on fire and others I have a difficult time doing what I should be doing. Good post.