It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Chapter 10, Page 1, Book 16



October 1st - a gentle nudging.


I’ve alluded to some changes in my life and I happened to read a reflection the other morning that really hit home here at my house so I had to share it with you all.

Nudged out of the nest…

As an eagle that stirs up her nest, that flutters over her young, He spread abroad His wings and He took them, He bore them on His pinions.
 Deuteronomy 32:11

Baby eagles spend the first three months of their lives in the comfortable nest their parents have prepared. But the eaglets get a big surprise when they are about twelve weeks old. Their mother suddenly begins to throw all of their toys out of the nest.

Next, she begins to pull out all of the comfortable material in the nest—the feathers and the animal fur—and leaves the babies sitting on thorns and sticks. This is what the Bible means when it mentions that the mother eagle "stirs up her nest." The reason she stirs the nest is that she wants her babies to get out and fly.

Before long, the mother eagle begins to nudge them out of the nest. The little eaglets, who have no idea how to fly, fall through the sky, probably very frightened. Soon, though, they hear a ‘ hoooooooosh' as the mother eagle swoops up under them to catch them. At that point, the mother eagle takes the babies right back up to the nest and then nudges them out again. She keeps repeating the process, over and over again, until they finally understand that they have no choice but to fly.

The mother eagle does this because she loves them and wants them to have the best lives they can possibly have. Most eaglets won't get out of the nest without this push. Similarly, most of us will also choose comfort over challenge unless we have no choice at all.

 Do you feel as if God has pushed you out of your comfortable nest? Trust Him. He isn't trying to harm you—He's teaching you to fly!

That is what I will be doing - flying the coop. I really don’t have a choice.  I’ve been here in this comfortable place for right around 22 years now and you know you can accumulate a lot of STUFF in that amount of time.  I’ve got some time and it’s won't be done very quickly.  I’ll be downsizing and that is for the best. As you all know I’m not young any more and don’t move very quickly. I usually rest more than I work these days.

The good news is that the move is not being made because of my health or lack of funds and I’ve been assured that I can take my time, but I will be flying.  I trust in the good Lords gentle nudge and am keeping the faith that all will be well as I fly out of the nest.

Memorable moment:  buying two new storage bins and finding out that the lids didn’t fit.



4 comments:

Back Porch Writer said...

Oh Ma! What a beautiful entry. And I know wherever you move to will be made into a nice cozy nest again just like you want it. Changes are hard, but it is so wonderful that you are embracing it. I hope you keep sharing you journey and your feelings and your experience as you change and go. Love hearing what you do. Praying all goes smooth.

betty said...

I liked the story of the mama eagle; I had heard it before, but it is a great reminder for any challenge we are facing. We like our comfort zones and fight change, but it is good to face a challenge, especially if we know that God is walking alongside us and will be with us every step of the way, like the mama eagle did until she knew her babies would be safe on their own. It will be a new adventure for you, Ma, wherever you will be, but I am sure you will try to maintain your gratitude and try to maintain your positive attitude as you continue to move forward.

betty

Mevely317 said...

Yes, I caught your nuances last month, Ma; and tried not to worry. So relieved your news isn't health-related!
Boy, I can I ever relate to change being uncomfortable. Scary, too. Baby steps ...

PS -
I'm going to do the memorable-moment-a-day, too, in my little journal. Great idea!

jack69 said...

Hey, I am awaiting the next chapter. Glad to know your health is good, WE ALL KNOW THE MIND IS FINE!
Things change and we must adapt. Awaiting the next post.