It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, September 05, 2016

Chapter 9, Page 5, Book 16


I hope you still feel small
when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance...

I hope you dance...

From the song 'I Hope You Dance'
As performed by Lee Ann Womack

September 5th - the dance goes on

Life is a dance, you learn as you go. Sometimes you lead and sometimes you follow. Don't worry that you don't know, you learn as you go.

Life is always dancing with us. The challenge is to recognize we are life’s partner, and as such, it’s important that we get comfortable with the reality that we are always in the process of becoming. It is the dance of life itself. 

Life is a dance from one stage to the next 

Life really is a dance we all do, whether it is hip hop, ballet, or jazz. Each of us can choose the dance we want. We move in and we move out. We breathe in and we breathe out. We are discovering new positions through the dance and although we practice again and again, each performance on stage is never exactly the same… and sometimes the dance goes on with us and other times without us.

May you enjoy the dance.


Life is the dancer and you are the dance

6 comments:

betty said...

So true how life is a dance, can go slow at times, can be wild like a twist, and sometimes we step on each other's toes, but we just keep trying to dance indeed!

(I'll keep you in my prayers too; thanks for the prayers here)

betty

Carol Z said...

So enjoyed this post. One of my favorite quotes is from Yeats' works, "How can you tell the dancer from the dance?" Hope you're enjoying the day.

jack69 said...

Okay, I only dance in my mind, but I do dance. (One day when I get old enough, Imma gonna learn to dance for real!) LOL

Mevely317 said...

I don't use this word so much, but this message is profound. Indeed!
So true, the Dance always goes on, with or without us. Bitter pill to swallow sometimes.

One foot in front of the other ... thinking of you.

TARYTERRE said...

Profound insight. "sometimes the dance goes on with us and other times without us."

Rick Watson said...

I'm not much to watch but as the old saying goes, I dance like no one is watching.