It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, September 30, 2016

Chapter 9, Page 30, Book 16

The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they're gone. 

George Eliot

September 30th - saying farewell to September days

Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got

Art Buchwald

The days of September flew by here at my house.  I’m barely cognizant of the fact they even existed.  There were a few highlights that will definitely be remembered, but even though I try to make each day count, what happened to the other days is a blur.

Today is what counts and it’s up to me to make the moments memorable or not.  The next 24 hours has 1,440 minutes, all I can say is, I know I will never live these moments again. 

Don't count every hour in the day, make every hour in the day count.

Just for fun, I’m going to try and keep track of a memorable moment for each day of October.  I live a pretty quiet life so maybe they won’t seem so memorable to you, but they will be the best I can do with the moments I have.

Yesterday’s memorable moment was hearing from both of my sisters.  I love them both so much and they mean a lot to me.  I don’t hear from either of them every day so it was memorable.  We’ll see what today brings!

Some moments are nice, some are
nicer, some are even worth
writing about.

Charles Bukowski

4 comments:

betty said...

That is a good idea to keep track of a memorable event daily. We all have them even in the most mundane of days. September did fly by!

Betty

Debbie said...

Seems like the whole summer flew by!! Your plan to keep track of each days memorable event is a great idea!! life is getting shorter and shorter by the minute...lol.
Enjoy Autumn....you know what comes next!
Love to you, dear one.
Debbie
xo

jack69 said...

great idea you have. Looking forward to reading. Oh and I also liked this tonight,

Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got

Art Buchwald......

That meant a lot to me.

Rick Watson said...

Don't blink:)
R