It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Chapter 9, Page 27, Book 16



If we are ever to enjoy life, now is the time -- not tomorrow, nor next year, nor in some future life after we have died. The best preparation for a better life next year is a full, complete, harmonious, joyous life this year. Today should always be our most wonderful day. 

Thomas Dreier

September 27th - The only day that matters is today 

Build today, then strong and sure, With a firm and ample base; And ascending and secure. Shall tomorrow find its place. 

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

It's easy to get lost in the mistakes of yesterday or focus on the anxiety of what tomorrow will bring, but today is what matters. Live in the now and make today count. Focus on today. Do something that matters

It Doesn’t Matter

It doesn’t matter what anyone thinks

It doesn’t matter that my car is 10 years old

It doesn’t matter I gained five pounds

It doesn’t matter that I eat breakfast for dinner

It doesn’t matter if I have a bad hair day

It doesn’t matter that you forgot my birthday

It doesn’t matter that I came in last

It doesn’t matter what someone thinks of my family

It doesn’t matter if I leave dishes in the sink at night

It doesn’t matter how much money we have

It doesn’t matter that I’m short and your tall

It doesn’t matter the color of your skin

It doesn’t matter I made a mistake

It doesn’t matter what I did in my past

It doesn’t matter if you have the last word

It doesn’t matter if I don’t get my way

It doesn’t matter if you disagree with me

It Matters

It matters that I practice what I preach

It matters that I kissed him goodbye

It matters that I have compassion

It matters that I spoke kind words

It matters that I made someone smile

It matters that I spend time with family

It matters that I love my friends

It matters that I’m here to listen

It matters that I’m here to help

It matters that I forgive and forget

It matters that I am a happy person


Each day we are born again. It's what we do today that matters most.

Buddha
 

1 comment:

betty said...

I liked the It Doesn't Matter versus It Does Matter. Today is what truly matters and we need to live it well, for we only get this day once in our lives.

Betty