It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, September 26, 2016

Chapter 9, Page 26, Book 16



I love fall! Fall is exciting.
It's apples and cider.
It's an airborne spider.
It's pumpkins in bins.
It's burrs on dog's chins.
It's wind blowing leaves.
It's chilly red knees.
It's nuts on the ground.
It's a crisp dry sound.
It's green leaves turning
And the smell of them burning.
It's clouds in the sky.
It's fall. That's why...
I love fall.

Author Unknown

September 26- lets Fall

I loved autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it. 

Lee Maynard

Fall is such a great season. I love it mostly because of that wave of coldness I feel at the first sign of its approaching. After a long summer that crisp air that comes in the fall just feels so good and invigorates you.

 Fall makes us all feel like falling in love.  Maybe it’s simply because there is so much for us to fall for, and we notice a little bit more when the leaves start to fall.  Fall fills us with an inner warmth that cannot be matched by the summer’s sun.

It’s the cinnamon spices that linger in the air and leave a trail that forever smells like home.

We’re close to the weather forecasts that call for our beloved boots to hug our feet and snuggling into our scarves that still smell a bit of the last winter.  It’s falling in love with the layers you wear and the ones you’ve shed since the last fall when you let go of your inhibitions.

We fall in love with the season with our first sip of hot cider, as it hits your tongue, warm and quick, you can’t help but smile.

I’m falling for Fall in all it’s wondrous glory.  

Of all the seasons, autumn offers the most to man and requires the least of him. 

Hal Borland

4 comments:

betty said...

Fall is a wonderful season. Full of fun activities and cooler enjoyable weather. A pretty season too!

Betty

peggy said...

We had a little rain last night but such beautiful weather over the weekend. I'm hoping to get the bulbs in soon, enjoying the fall, but looking forward to the spring. Notice that I skipped over winter. lol

jack69 said...

Yesm yes. we even fell the coolness in NC. We will head South soon, but I wanted to say I loved this:
I loved autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it.

Lee Maynard

I had never read that, but it seems so REAL, I love it. THANKS!

jack69 said...

That is FEEL not fell. I need a proofer even on mycomments.!