It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Chapter 9, Page 24, Book 16


Be Thankful

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something.
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations.
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge.
Because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes.
They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary.
It means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those
who are also thankful for the setbacks.

Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles
and they can become your blessings.

Author Unknown

September 24th - Begin... and end today with a Thank You.

Give thanks for all things. All things great and small, good, bad, for all things are for a purpose.

Ann Herbstreith

Begin today with a THANK YOU. There is so much to be grateful for. Each new day is 24 new hours to live and celebrate life. Acknowledge your gifts and be grateful for everything. To look at life with gratitude is to clearly see opportunities. Even at those times of the greatest challenges, with gratitude, any difficulty can be transformed into a blessing, into a meaningful lesson of growth.

Gratitude and thankfulness are the basis for peace of mind and happiness.

 Being grateful brings great peace to your life because it brings happiness into your life.  You no longer borrow trouble thinking and worrying about things, but accept them and try and see what the positive side of that situation is for you.


No longer forward nor behind
I look in hope or fear;
But, grateful, take the good I find,
The best of now and here.

John Greenleaf Whittier

4 comments:

betty said...

I liked that Be Thankful poem. It is good to be thankful every day and to start the day thanking God for a new day.

Betty

Mevely317 said...

Your first two lines? Why, tears just sprang to my eyes because my mother used to tell me the exact same thing! (Here, I probably presumed she'd made that up. Ha!)

I've begun trying to say 'thank you' when the alarm first goes off. Some days are better than others, but right now I'm happy to have a purpose. 'Seriously concerned that I don't know what I'd do with myself without the routine of a job. (Not much self-discipline ...)

Rick Watson said...

I'm thankful for you.
R

jack69 said...

Thankfulness causes smiles. We take time every so often to sit and talk about the things we are thankful. I even find myself saying 'someone' is not what I would like, but I am thankful they are much better than what they were. One can be thankful as a perspective.
Good one!