It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Chapter 9, Page 20, Book 16



The meaning of life is whatever you ascribe it to be. Being alive is the meaning.

Joseph Campbell

September 20th - Let's smile, and be grateful for another day.

Love yourself for who you are today, because today is a gift and you'll never see another day like today. 

I’m very grateful to be alive.   I don’t spend time worrying about what to do. I just embrace the day and all that it has in store for me.  Every day brings with it new opportunities and surprises.  Both are gifts that we either take advantage of or ignore.

Everybody is given a brand new day. Everybody is given another day to love. Everybody is given another day of hope. Everybody is given another chance to do whatever they have failed to accomplish. Everybody applies to those who are still alive.  

After all I get another day to make someone smile. To stumble on happiness. To smell the rain. And to be thankful for one more day. 

Life is short and precious, make sure you enjoy every minute of it

Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your Creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don't waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.

Og Mandino

2 comments:

betty said...

So true about life being short. We should wake up with a grateful heart every day and appreciate our many blessings.

Betty

Rick Watson said...

Being thankful is something my folks instilled in me. I rarely have an exchange with another person where I don't thank them
I am also thankful for the many blessings in my life.
R