It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Chapter 9, Page 17, Book 16


Thou hast given so much to me,
Give one thing more, — a grateful heart;
Not thankful when it pleaseth me,
As if Thy blessings had spare days,
But such a heart whose pulse may be Thy praise.

George Herbert

September 17th - start each day with a grateful heart 

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.

Denis Waitley

A great quote helps me to dive deeper into a subject and appreciate it more, and today's topic is gratitude. 

They say that happiness doesn’t always make us grateful, but gratitude will always helps us smile.  Gratitude is the foundation of happiness. and is simply the blessed experience of living with a genuinely grateful heart.


No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.

James Allen

A grateful state of mind is really hard to maintain when life disappoints us.  But the point is that it’s when we’re feeling down and disappointed, that a dose of gratitude is most powerful.

It takes practice, of course, because gratitude tends to escape us when we feel let down.  A grateful person never forgets that each day brings a new blessing. 

You cannot be grateful and bitter.
You cannot be grateful and unhappy.
You cannot be grateful and without hope.
You cannot be grateful and unloving.
So just be grateful.

Author Unknown

4 comments:

jack69 said...

I do want to be grateful for everything I have been blessed with. There is so much we all can find for which to be grateful. Great points today! We are cool down here, wow 70 degrees...

betty said...

These are great timely words. I need to incorporate more gratitude into my life these days and be appreciative of all the blessings in my life. Gonna keep this one close to me to remind myself ro be grateful.

Betty

Mevely317 said...

What SHE said! (LOL)
Like rabbits, the more I focus on them, my troubles seem to multiply. Seems only appropriate I turn that around and focus on finding all my blessings. They may not seem so apparent at first blush, but I always did enjoy a good game of hide-and-seek!

Rick Watson said...

You are always right on the money. I also love your graphics.
R