It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Chapter 9, Page 15, Book 16



There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others.

Mandy Hale

September 15- happiest when helping

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give 

Winston Churchill


There is a Chinese saying that goes: If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap. If you want happiness for a day, go fishing. If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help somebody.

Thankfully, the good Lord gives us the ability and opportunities to help others all throughout every day. When we take the time to be a blessing, it causes us to focus less on what we don’t have, feel grateful for what we do have, and experience a new level of joy in the process. We should never let a day go by without helping someone.

The gift of time is often more valuable to the receiver and more satisfying for the giver than the gift of money. We don’t all have the same amount of money, but we all do have time on our hands, and can give some of this time to help others.

In helping others, we help ourselves.   Everyone needs to be happy. It's how we get through the many challenges that life throws at us.

Bottom line: If you're happy, you're more likely to help and uplift others, and your actions inspire others to go out, be happy, and help others.

No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.

Charles Dickens

5 comments:

betty said...

I too have heard it helps ourselves immensely when we help others. I have always enjoyed the volunteer work I have done.

Betty

peggy said...

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your little drawings. So much I made a clipboard on my Clipix with all of them. I hope you will keep sending them, they make my morning!

peggy said...

P.S. if you want to see them, go to Clipix.com and look for A Primitive Plot Peggy

jack69 said...

I like to think I am in the area of your BOTTOM LINE! SWEET!

jack69 said...

You hit on a great idea with the opening hand written notes. I like 'em!