It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, August 29, 2016

Chapter 8, Page 29, Book 16



Days Of The Week


Monday - Wash Day

Lord, help me wash away all my selfishness and vanity, so I may serve you with perfect humility through the week ahead.

Tuesday - Ironing Day

Dear Lord, help me iron out all the wrinkles of prejudice. I have collected through the years so that I may see the beauty in others.

Wednesday - Mending Day

O God, help me mend my ways so I will not set a bad example for others.

Thursday - Cleaning Day

Lord Jesus, help me to dust out all the many faults I have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart.

Friday - Shopping Day

O God, give me the grace to shop wisely so I may purchase eternal happiness for myself and all others in need of love.

Saturday - Cooking Day

Help me, my Savior, to brew a big kettle of brotherly love and serve it with clean, sweet bread of human kindness.

Sunday - The Lord's Day

O God, I have prepared my house for you. Please come into my heart as my honored guest so I may spend the day and the rest of my life in your presence.

 Author Unknown


August 29th - Mondays are another day to celebrate

Monday is the key day of the week.

Scottish Proverb

Monday morning is a day most people dread, and wish could change places with Friday.  Here's the thing, Monday doesn't have to be a day to dread, it can be a day to celebrate.

Monday starts your week, it sets the tone for your week, and you can choose to be happy that it's Monday, or hate that it's Monday.  It can be hard, many of us don't like our jobs and would rather be some where else.  I've been there before and I know it is hard to feel great about Monday morning. 


Mondays are the start of the work week which offer new beginnings 52 times a year!

David Dweck


But doesn’t really take much at all to learn to love Mondays. Honestly, it’s just a shift in perspective. Instead of dwelling on all the things you dislike about Monday, focus on what you love and all the opportunities you have

Let's celebrate Mondays, not dread them. Life is Short. Dreading Monday is a ridiculous waste of time. 

If you start the week with a positive attitude on Monday, it'll be a lot easier to fight off negativity the rest of the week.    


  Monday is a fresh start. It's never too late to dig in and begin a new journey of success.     
Author Unknown

     

6 comments:

jack69 said...

I am fortunate, I have never dreaded Mondays as far back as I can remember. I did go to work with folks who complained about it.
Life is real, life is good and we should learn to appreciate EVERY DAY!

You had me on Monday is Wash Day, because I can certainly remember the washing machine and the black pot.

betty said...

I liked that Days of the Week prayer. A good one to copy out and think about on every day of the week.

I'm starting to get a better attitude about Mondays. Celebrating their arrival rather than dreading their approach. Being joyful in the new week ahead :)

betty

Jean said...

I don't think I dreaded Monday, but it's been quite a few years since I had to get up and go in to a job before I retired I work the evening shift. I look forward to reading your post. Take care, Jean.

Back Porch Writer said...

I'm good with Monday's once I get into it. I have a hard time getting up and getting in the routine so early Monday after two days off. It's a real struggle for me. I usually make it on time though. But if I'm going to be late, it's on a Monday. A blog buddy Heather used to blog about reasons to love Monday. It was a way to try to coax herself for a good day. I loved that. Enjoyed the post.

Rick Watson said...

I think Monday's get a bad rap. I like Mondays. It's a chance to get a fresh start.
R

TARYTERRE said...

Mondays get a bad rap. You said it all when you said, "Monday is a fresh start. It's never too late to dig in and begin anew."