It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Chapter 8, Page 10, Book 16



Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored. 

Earl Nightingale

August 10th - I must learn to live every moment of my life 

You only live once, and life is tragically short.  Remember at the end of the day, you’re the only person who will be around for every moment of your life. Do what makes you happy. Everything else will fall into place.

Life is a continual journey, constantly evolving and changing, so we need to remember that whatever we possess at any given moment is exactly what we need for each day  We will always have enough for any given moment.  But we have to be aware of this and be grateful for where we are and what we have and to make the best of it.

To remember that when life is good, enjoy it.  Don’t go looking for something better.  Happiness never comes to those who don’t appreciate what they have. Let every situation in life be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then make the very best of it.


 Happiness is what happens now, when you appreciate what you have.  There truly is always something to be grateful for.

Being grateful for what you have is a great way to remember that you have more than enough of what it takes to make it through each and every day.

Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going to fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why. 

Eddie Cantor

3 comments:

betty said...

I like that quote from Earl Nightingale. Indeed each moment of our life should be savored, even in the most mundane things. Life is too short to squander it away, but to appreciate each breath we have.

betty

jack69 said...

I did something completely out of the ordinary for me on my last walk. There was a bench beside a pond, I said why not? I sat, thinking how happy I am with life at present. I sat, just smiling to myself. Happy is good!

Rick Watson said...

I'm re-reading The Alchemist by Pauli Coelho. It's a remarkable book that captures some of
The ideas you write about.
R