It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Chapter 7, Page 30, Book 16


It takes years to build up trust, 
but only seconds to destroy it.
You can get by on charm for about fifteen minutes.
After that you'd better know something.
Don't compare yourself to the best others can do,
But to the best you can do.
It's not what happens to people that's important.
It's what they do about it.
Always leave loved ones with loving words.
It may be the last time you see them.
You control your attitude or it controls you.
It isn't always enough to be forgiven by others.
Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.
Your background and circumstances may have influenced who you are,
But you are responsible for who you become.
Even if you do the right thing for the wrong reason,
It's still the wrong thing to do.

Anonymous


July 30th - I wonder

Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t--you’re right.

Henry Ford


I often wonder at what point in my life will I have learned all there is to know.  Is there every going to be a point when I’ll be absolutely confident about all the answers? When I’ll be completely sure about all things?  

Confidence comes easily and naturally for some, for many others it seems impossible. The good news is that it is a habit that can be learned to some degree by anyone, but it takes some training and practice.  The more we practice confidence as an attitude, the easier it becomes.

When it comes to confidence, one thing is certain: truly confident people always have the upper hand over the doubtful and the skittish, because they inspire others and they make things happen.


Self confidence is so relaxing. There is no strain or stress when one is self confident. Our lack of self confidence comes from trying to be someone we aren’t.

Anne Wilson Schaef

Happiness is a critical element of confidence, because in order to be confident in what you do, you have to be happy with who you are.  

Confident people don’t pass judgment on others because they know that everyone has something to offer, and they don’t need to take other people down a notch in order to feel good about themselves.

People with confidence listen more than they speak because they don’t feel like they have anything to prove.  Our mind is a very powerful tool, and the impact of our thoughts and words cannot be underestimated.

Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.

Steve Maraboli 

5 comments:

jack69 said...

The whole entry speaks to me, but the graphic : To handle yourself, use your head, to handle others, use your heart!
I wish I had said that!

betty said...

I like the last line of the last quote. Make today worth remembering. Each day is special in its own right and I think we need to live each day accordingly.

betty

Mevely317 said...


Aside from being a good listener, I don't believe I've a "confident" cell in my body.

I like what Mr. Ford had to say, in part: "You control your attitude, or it controls you." True, that.

TARYTERRE said...

I totally agree we should all LIVE OUR TRUTH. "Our mind is a very powerful tool, and the impact of our thoughts and words cannot be underestimated."

Rick Watson said...

I use the Henry Ford quote with the women coming through my program at work.
I love this entry today.
R