It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Chapter 7, Page 19, Book 16




Dare to Be

When a new day begins, dare to smile gratefully.

When there is darkness, dare to be the first to shine a light.

When there is injustice, dare to be the first to condemn it.

When something seems difficult, dare to do it anyway.

When life seems to beat you down, dare to fight back.

When there seems to be no hope, dare to find some.

When you’re feeling tired, dare to keep going.

When times are tough, dare to be tougher.

When love hurts you, dare to love again.

When someone is hurting, dare to help them heal.

When another is lost, dare to help them find the way.

When a friend falls, dare to be the first to extend a hand.

When you cross paths with another, dare to make them smile.

When you feel great, dare to help someone else feel great too.

When the day has ended, dare to feel as you’ve done your best.

Dare to be the best you can –

At all times, Dare to be!

Steve Maraboli


July 19th - Taking on the dare


Seventy percent of success in life is showing up. 

Woody Allen

Trying to live the best you can is one dare I’m willing to give a try. To be the best you can at everything you do.  At least I’ll know that I gave it the best try I could.  

When you’ve given your best, you know there isn’t anything left to do.  

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out. 

Author unknown

Many people don't put in their best effort unless they have to. While morals and values are disappearing, the world is crying out for someone to take a stand. Someone who will say, I will dare to live and embrace excellence and commitment. I will do my very best with the best that is in me and the best that I can be. 

Always do your best. Do your best in your work, your thinking, and helping other people. The future will be as good as the present if you do your best all the time.

The man who has done his best has done everything. 

Charles M. Schwab


3 comments:

betty said...

I liked that Dare to Be poem. It is always good to try to do our best in what we achieve to do. I know something as mundane as housework, I always try to do it well even if I may not feel like doing it :)

betty

Rick Watson said...

Nuff Said. You nailed it with this collection.
R

TARYTERRE said...

A lovely post today. Like the poem. It says what I need to hear. "When life seems to beat you down, dare to fight back.When there seems to be no hope, dare to find some. When you’re feeling tired, dare to keep going. When times are tough, dare to be tougher.